Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Resiliance and a modicum of rebellion (on topic)

We've had windstorms today, 51 mph recorded. The barometer hit a
record low, consistent with a cat III hurricane.

Trees have blown down crushing cars. Traffic signals were blown down,
pedestals ripped out of concrete. Power outages are widespread in the
metro area. We were dark for a while, as was our son in a different
suburb. Our good neighbors called us to see if we were OK. Good
neighbor George helped me load a genny in my truck to take to my son
who was dark and was concerned about water rising in his sump to flood
level. That little 5KW genny is more than I can lift anymore. I'm
smart enough to know it and not hurt myself, and I have good
neighbors. Wonderful neighbors. That cuts both ways, of course.

The boat tent shrugged it all off, no prob. It isn't nearly as robust
a structure as the one the twits and ****s at city hall condemned, but
it's weathering the storm with a yawn.

It is every bit as visible as the structure they condemned, but it's
under 120 sq ft which is explicitly exempted by the code so they're
**** out of luck with egregious overly zealous application of the
code.

Tarps R on. All of my good neighbors support me on this.

Freakin' out-of-control bureaucrats need a leash-yank they'll notice.

Voting against all incumbants next week.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Don Foreman wrote:
[...]

It's the only way, Don.
Maybe throwing the baby out with the bathwater is the only way...

--

Richard Lamb
email me:

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

CaveLamb wrote:

Don Foreman wrote:
[...]

There is only one incubent I'm voting for. He's spent the last six
years easing the overcrowding problems at the area's VA clinics.

enough left over to pay them.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Wed, 27 Oct 2010 15:01:36 -0500, CaveLamb wrote:
Don Foreman wrote:
[...]

King baby? Yes, definitely.

I'd rather see the country run by the "Party of No" than the party of
Gimme! Gimme! Gimme! Gimme! Gimme! Gimme!

Thanks,
Rich

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Rich Grise wrote:

I'd rather see the country run by the "Party of No" than the party of
Gimme! Gimme! Gimme! Gimme! Gimme! Gimme!

Thanks,
Rich

I'm resurrecting the American Biker Party.

Votes depend on how well the candidate sits a Harley.

--

Richard Lamb
email me:
web site:
www.home.earthlink.net/~cavelamb

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Don Foreman wrote:

[...]

Same weather here. Came home to a Norway pine across my utility trailer and one across
the electrical utility line. Both survived. Go Husqvarna!

Wes
in their eyes." Dick Anthony Heller
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Wed, 27 Oct 2010 02:07:35 -0500, Don Foreman
wrote:

Freakin' out-of-control bureaucrats need a leash-yank they'll notice.

Tie the leash around their necks tie it to a overhead branch..and kick
em off a lawn chair.

They may or may not notice the end of their career..but the following
pols will certainly be given proper notice......