DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   server down (https://www.diybanter.com/metalworking/312198-server-down.html)

Karl Townsend[_4_] October 24th 10 12:49 PM

server down

Hi, posting from backup 'puter and server.(OE and AIOE)

My main news server octanews.com went down yesterday. Its still down. I use
agent on the new computer. So, I added a backup news server to Agent -
nntp.aioe.org

Agent still won't see new posts. Is there more to configure? I did set aioe
as the lowest priority server on setup and don't see how to get back to this
setting.

Karl

Brian Lawson October 24th 10 02:55 PM

server down

I don't see any replies to your problem, and I can't help other than
to let you know that at least I got to see it. Brian Lawson,
Bothwell, Ontario.

ps...I'm using Forte Agent ( paid mode Version 600/32.1186 ) but not a
clue as to what you want to do. Sorry.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Usual suspect October 24th 10 05:09 PM

server down

wrote:

Hi, posting from backup 'puter and server.(OE and AIOE)

My main news server octanews.com went down yesterday. Its still down. I use
agent on the new computer. So, I added a backup news server to Agent -
nntp.aioe.org

Agent still won't see new posts. Is there more to configure? I did set aioe
as the lowest priority server on setup and don't see how to get back to this
setting.

Karl

I use Agent 4 and could not read news groups yesterday. Something
changed on the Internet and today I used nntp.aioe. Be careful not to
crap up your computer fixing a problem that is from the Internet.

Don Foreman October 26th 10 08:28 PM

server down

wrote:

Hi, posting from backup 'puter and server.(OE and AIOE)

My main news server octanews.com went down yesterday. Its still down. I use
agent on the new computer. So, I added a backup news server to Agent -
nntp.aioe.org

Agent still won't see new posts. Is there more to configure? I did set aioe
as the lowest priority server on setup and don't see how to get back to this
setting.

Karl

I was unable to read RCM for a couple of days using Agent, but no
problem with other groups. I mentioned the problem to my ISP, they
did something to fix it.