DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Latest metal casting project...brass shifting knob (https://www.diybanter.com/metalworking/311008-latest-metal-casting-project-brass-shifting-knob.html)

metalshop October 2nd 10 01:30 PM

Latest metal casting project...brass shifting knob

Hello, I just sent out this e-zine about how I made my latest
project. Here is a link to the page:
http://metalshop.homestead.com/skullcastinbrass.html
Sign up for the e-zine if you would like to see my progress on my
projects!

Dave D

Wild_Bill October 2nd 10 06:25 PM

Latest metal casting project...brass shifting knob

Interesting process you used, Dave. For the weight problem with cast brass,
you might consider making the piece out of two hollowed-out halves (split
down the vertical center, except for the attachment point.. threaded hole?),
using two molds, then soft or hard soldering them together.

After all, many skulls are hollow, eh?

--
WB