Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Power supply

Karl Townsend wrote:
Turns out I have a power supply for my Matsurra bedmill. After
stripping everything not needed away I ended up with this:
http://www.metalworking.com/dropbox/supply1.jpg
http://www.metalworking.com/dropbox/supply2.jpg

A few questions. Each of the twelve diodes has a pair of wires, 24
connections on the terminal strip. I don't know the function here and
if anything needs to be connected.

Is the part labeled 1 an isolation transformer? If so, should DC- be
grounded?

the DC should not be grounded unless there is a three phase isolation
transformer feeding the input to the contactor.

Can the part labeled 2 be used to read current? There are four leads,
how would they be connected. The part says "Nana Electronics NNC-05AF"

Since the output from the scr pack is DC it cannot be a current
transformer. It is most likely a variable reactor with a ac input and
the other pair of wires is the output. The more current flowing through
the heavy wires the more saturated the core of the transformer and the
amount of ac passed from one winding to the other is diminished.
Newer units use Hall effect detectors.

John

Karl