Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Power supply

#2 is a current transformer. The wires cut off at the top were the
output sensing connectors. Maybe two sets - to a meter and to a controller.
It appears that power comes in from the right - through fuses ?
goes through a contactor and fires up the three phase transformer.

The secondary of the three phase transformer is sent to the bridge
of Thyristors - Likely SCR's the small wire are the control gate and
a reference wire. That is a great mount of power being rectified there.

Martin

Martin H. Eastburn
"Our Republic and the Press will Rise or Fall Together": Joseph Pulitzer
TSRA: Endowed; NRA LOH & Patron Member, Golden Eagle, Patriot's Medal.
NRA Second Amendment Task Force Originator & Charter Founder
IHMSA and NRA Metallic Silhouette maker & member. http://lufkinced.com/

On 9/29/2010 11:55 AM, Karl Townsend wrote:
Turns out I have a power supply for my Matsurra bedmill. After
stripping everything not needed away I ended up with this:
http://www.metalworking.com/dropbox/supply1.jpg
http://www.metalworking.com/dropbox/supply2.jpg

A few questions. Each of the twelve diodes has a pair of wires, 24
connections on the terminal strip. I don't know the function here and
if anything needs to be connected.

Is the part labeled 1 an isolation transformer? If so, should DC- be
grounded?

Can the part labeled 2 be used to read current? There are four leads,
how would they be connected. The part says "Nana Electronics NNC-05AF"

Karl