DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   This is the high desert where I live. (https://www.diybanter.com/metalworking/309632-re-high-desert-where-i-live.html)

Bob Engelhardt September 8th 10 01:31 PM

This is the high desert where I live.

Michael A. Terrell wrote:
... Or being blocked in by a couple cubic yards of dead 'blind
mosquitos'?

What is a blind mosquito? Bob

Lloyd E. Sponenburgh[_3_] September 8th 10 01:36 PM

This is the high desert where I live.

Bob Engelhardt fired this volley in
:

What is a blind mosquito? Bob

It's a small, non-biting fly that, except for its antennae, looks a great
deal like a mosquito -- until you look more closely.

It has feathery antennae like some moths, and the leg configuration is
not so long and "spidery" as a mosquito's; but the look from four or five
feet away is about the same.

When you see a cloud of them around a door or light, you get the heeby-
jeebies, until you realize what they are.

We have them seasonally in Florida, too.

LLoyd

Michael A. Terrell September 8th 10 10:14 PM

"Lloyd E. Sponenburgh" wrote:

Bob Engelhardt fired this volley in
:

What is a blind mosquito? Bob

It's a small, non-biting fly that, except for its antennae, looks a great
deal like a mosquito -- until you look more closely.

It has feathery antennae like some moths, and the leg configuration is
not so long and "spidery" as a mosquito's; but the look from four or five
feet away is about the same.

When you see a cloud of them around a door or light, you get the heeby-
jeebies, until you realize what they are.

We have them seasonally in Florida, too.

I'm less than an hour's drive from you.

enough left over to pay them.