Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default How my mill looks today

http://igor.chudov.com/projects/Brid.../28-September/

I added a special bracket to attach two Loc-lines to the quill, so
that the stream follows the cutter if necessary. This assebmly can be
removed. I now have a Loc-Line fixed to the head (for drilling mostly)
and the loc-line attached to the quill (for milling). Both are on
separate valves, so I can pick which one runs. The clamp does not
interfere with homing.

The bracket also has a slot to mount the mister line if necessary. I
of course made this bracket on the mill (and could not easily do it on
my manual mill due to its curvy shape where it "hugs" the quill).

Also can be seen, my chip guard, the mounted monitor, and electrical
cabinet.

Also a Saitek joypad that I use for jogging the mill.

Clearly a work in progress, but it is closer to finish now than it is
to start and it works.