DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Some spectacular glass (https://www.diybanter.com/metalworking/309164-some-spectacular-glass.html)

Don Foreman September 1st 10 06:53 AM

Some spectacular glass

http://fiveprime.org/hivemind/Tags/chihuly,mayo

We visited Mayo clinic in Rochester MN today. The website pix don't
come close to doing this art justice. It really is spectacular.

To anticipate questions: don't bother to ask. We don't know much yet,
but we have a small team of world-class professionals on it as of
today.

Meanwhile, enjoy the glass art!

steamer September 1st 10 09:26 PM

Some spectacular glass

--FWIW there's been at least one PBS documentary about Chihuly;
fascinating to watch what he and his assistants can create..

--
"Steamboat Ed" Haas : A human without a critter
Hacking the Trailing Edge! : is incomplete..

Wes[_5_] September 1st 10 10:06 PM

Some spectacular glass

Don Foreman wrote:

http://fiveprime.org/hivemind/Tags/chihuly,mayo

We visited Mayo clinic in Rochester MN today. The website pix don't
come close to doing this art justice. It really is spectacular.

To anticipate questions: don't bother to ask. We don't know much yet,
but we have a small team of world-class professionals on it as of
today.

Meanwhile, enjoy the glass art!

Pretty stuff to take your mind off of things.

Sure hope everything works out okay for you and Mary.

Wes

Karl Townsend September 1st 10 10:12 PM

Some spectacular glass

On Wed, 01 Sep 2010 00:53:45 -0500, Don Foreman
wrote:

http://fiveprime.org/hivemind/Tags/chihuly,mayo

We visited Mayo clinic in Rochester MN today. The website pix don't
come close to doing this art justice. It really is spectacular.

To anticipate questions: don't bother to ask. We don't know much yet,
but we have a small team of world-class professionals on it as of
today.

Don, I spent some serious time down there. No doubt in my mind its the
best care facility in the world. My son is on the top side of the
grass because of them.

Did you notice several people carrying bags around with them? We
finally found out - you collect all your "output" for day for many
special tests.

Meanwhile, enjoy the glass art!

They've also got a piano player in the main lobby and Internet surfing
computers to help with all the wait time.

Karl

Jon Elson[_3_] September 1st 10 11:19 PM

Some spectacular glass

On 09/01/2010 12:53 AM, Don Foreman wrote:
http://fiveprime.org/hivemind/Tags/chihuly,mayo

We visited Mayo clinic in Rochester MN today. The website pix don't
come close to doing this art justice. It really is spectacular.

To anticipate questions: don't bother to ask. We don't know much yet,
but we have a small team of world-class professionals on it as of
today.

Meanwhile, enjoy the glass art!

Ah, YES, Dale Chihuly, from St. Louis! Definitely some WEIRD stuff, but
quite fun to look at!

Jon

Steve B[_10_] September 2nd 10 03:03 AM

Some spectacular glass

"Don Foreman" wrote in message
http://fiveprime.org/hivemind/Tags/chihuly,mayo

We visited Mayo clinic in Rochester MN today. The website pix don't
come close to doing this art justice. It really is spectacular.

To anticipate questions: don't bother to ask. We don't know much yet,
but we have a small team of world-class professionals on it as of
today.

Meanwhile, enjoy the glass art!

Best wishes. My Sis went there, and one way or the other, they DO give you
answers.

Steve

Robert Swinney September 2nd 10 03:05 AM

Some spectacular glass

Don,

I won't ask. Private message to follow.

Bob Swinney