DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   What is a "audio jack outlet" called? (https://www.diybanter.com/metalworking/309068-re-what-audio-jack-outlet-called.html)

Steve W.[_4_] August 30th 10 08:19 PM

What is a "audio jack outlet" called?

Ignoramus24925 wrote:
My CNC probe has a "audio jack" interface, meaning that it is supposed
to be plugged in into a audio jack receptacle, like on PCs, laptops
and MP3 players, same type of outlet as used for headphones.

I would like to install a proper "through hull" outlet, but I am not
sure how such things are called. I am sure that it is a dime a dozen
item.

Again, what I want is a female audio receptacle that mounts on a flat
panel.

Thanks

You mean a 3.5mm TRS jack?
like this ? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Aud_Jack.jpg

Stereo or mono are both available at most electronics supply places.
Radio Shack has them in panel mount in the parts bin near the
tools/soldering supplies.

--
Steve W.