Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Wired estops today

I wired estops. I kind of like the way I did it. I wanted to be able
to easily see the logic of what I did.

The mill has a big vertical terminal block, where all outside wires
(from pendant, tachometers, to motors, to valves, etc) all come in.

I added, to a horizontal, DIN rail, a bunch of slim terminal blocks
that would connect to the vertical termination block on one side, and
to PPMC and relays on the other.

That way I could easily see the logic, separately from a pile of other
wires near the main termination block.

So, hopefully tonight, I will wire the remaining "health" switches,
like motor overloads and lube oil level, in series with estops. Since
I use those DIN terminals in a separate location, I could easily
change the logic of what I do later.

Also if I can do tonight, I will make PPMC turn on and off the motion
power.

I think, generally, that I should stop messing with servos, and
complete a few circuits. In the order of priority:

1) Machine health (thermal switches, oil level)
2) Motion power controlled by PPMC
3) VFD controlled by PPMC and estop.
4) Limit switches
5) Lube pump, brake
6) Coolant and mister

The whole project could easily take a week or two. But then, I will be
ready to put encoders on the remaining two servos and hook them up to
belts, to actually move the machine.

After that I will be able to sell my old Bridgy.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Ignoramus16581 wrote:

[...]

How much do you want for your on Bpt? I think it's in better shape than
my current one.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2010-07-18, Pete C. wrote:

Ignoramus16581 wrote:

[...]

It is in awesome shape, has a DRO, and a digital readout on the quill
too. It is also equipped with a VFD. At this point I can take $1800.
I have not even estimated the value of tooling.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking