DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   A letter...... (https://www.diybanter.com/metalworking/304398-re-letter.html)

Up North June 8th 10 12:44 AM

A letter......

So what ARE we going to do about the illegals?

Gunner

Start enforcing laws concerning hiring illegals. No job, no money, no reason
to come here.
Steve

Hawke[_3_] June 8th 10 06:01 AM

A letter......

On 6/7/2010 4:57 PM, John R. Carroll wrote:
Up North wrote:
So what ARE we going to do about the illegals?

Gunner

Start enforcing laws concerning hiring illegals. No job, no money, no
reason to come here.

That's right, and it's the only thing that will work.

The joke is that it always would have worked had anyone really wanted to
stop the illegals from being here. I lived in Southern California for 30
years. I saw the whole thing take place right before my eyes. Everybody
in authority just looked the other way as the entire ethnic makeup of
the L.A. area changed from white to Latino. Getting labor so cheap just
made everyone take advantage of it and the heck with any downside to it.
The laws against coming here have been on the books for decades. Law
enforcement just let them come and work here. If they reversed course
and went after illegal entry to the country like they did with, say,
using marijuana, they would put an end to it real quick. All they have
to do is put the fear of god into people that hire illegals and that
would be that. The minute the illegals find out no one is going to take
a chance of going to jail to hire them then they have no reason to be
here. You make it so illegals can't work and the problem will go away
real quick. The public wants it. The only question is whether the powers
in charge are ever going to start prosecuting people for hiring illegals.

Hawke