Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default My encoder selection

http://usdigital.com/products/encode...rotary/kit/e5/

Model E5-1000-394-I-D-H-G-B

Index (3rd channel)
Differential
Hole in Cover (to be covered by the original cover from the SEM servo motor)
Add mounting ears to base

Makes sense?
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2010-06-07, Ignoramus14096 wrote:
http://usdigital.com/products/encode...rotary/kit/e5/

Model E5-1000-394-I-D-H-G-B

Index (3rd channel)
Differential
Hole in Cover (to be covered by the original cover from the SEM servo motor)
Add mounting ears to base

Makes sense?

Well, I ended up buying it.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2010-06-07, Ignoramus14096 wrote:
http://usdigital.com/products/encode...rotary/kit/e5/

Model E5-1000-394-I-D-H-G-B

Index (3rd channel)
Differential
Hole in Cover (to be covered by the original cover from the SEM servo
motor)
Add mounting ears to base

Makes sense?

Well, I ended up buying it.

I used that very encoder on one job. Smaller servo motors than yours. I've
always had good luck with USdigital and found their customer service top
notch, But, I do know many other folks disagree. IMHO, a lot of this is not
knowing what is going on and needing somebody to blame. You can't blame
yourself for being an idiot.

Karl

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2010-06-07, Ignoramus14096 wrote:
http://usdigital.com/products/encode...rotary/kit/e5/

Model E5-1000-394-I-D-H-G-B

Index (3rd channel)
Differential
Hole in Cover (to be covered by the original cover from the SEM servo
motor)
Add mounting ears to base

Makes sense?

Well, I ended up buying it.

I used that very encoder on one job. Smaller servo motors than yours. I've
always had good luck with USdigital and found their customer service top
notch, But, I do know many other folks disagree. IMHO, a lot of this is not
knowing what is going on and needing somebody to blame. You can't blame
yourself for being an idiot.

Karl, I think that I understand what you are saying. Am I on the right
track for trying to cover this encoder with the original aluminum
cover for the motor?

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2010-06-07, Ignoramus14096
wrote:
[...]

Swarf is the enemy here. And it gets in everything on a CNC control. Don't
leave any part of the encoder or encoder wire exposed. Get everything inside
a metal cover or conduit or something.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2010-06-08, Karl Townsend wrote:
Swarf is the enemy here. And it gets in everything on a CNC control. Don't
leave any part of the encoder or encoder wire exposed. Get everything inside
a metal cover or conduit or something.

Yes, this is the plan indeed.