Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default OT What do you think about this electric Trikke/scooter?

On Sat, 5 Jun 2010 21:40:04 -0700, "Califbill"
wrote:

SNIP

We had KSR 33 as I/O.

That was mine too. And wow, at 110 baud. So fast, so noisy, so
heavy, so greasy.

Next one was a TI, but I have no recollection of model.

Bigger leap was a 300 baud acoustic modem. Still got one of those
hanging around here somewhere.

Brian Lawson,
Bothwell, Ontario.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

SNIP

We had KSR 33 as I/O.

That was mine too. And wow, at 110 baud. So fast, so noisy, so
heavy, so greasy.

Next one was a TI, but I have no recollection of model.

Bigger leap was a 300 baud acoustic modem. Still got one of those
hanging around here somewhere.

Brian Lawson,
Bothwell, Ontario.

I maintained an online banking center in downtown San Francisco. We had 110
baud lease lines from the Canadian border in Washington and from Salt lake
city. Did not take a high speed scope to check those lines. We were blown
away when NCR demo a 1200 baud modem at the 1966 Fall joint Computer
Conference in the city.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

SNIP

We had KSR 33 as I/O.

That was mine too. And wow, at 110 baud. So fast, so noisy, so
heavy, so greasy.

Next one was a TI, but I have no recollection of model.

Bigger leap was a 300 baud acoustic modem. Still got one of those
hanging around here somewhere.

Brian Lawson,
Bothwell, Ontario.

I maintained an online banking center in downtown San Francisco. We had 110
baud lease lines from the Canadian border in Washington and from Salt lake
city. Did not take a high speed scope to check those lines. We were blown
away when NCR demo a 1200 baud modem at the 1966 Fall joint Computer
Conference in the city.

That was still a lot better than a 60 mA loop KSR33 on a news wire.

have a DD214, and a honorable discharge.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Michael A. Terrell" wrote in message
m...

wrote:

[...]

I forgot about those news wire ones. I did not have to work on them, but
dealt with them in the Mobile Comm squadron I was first assigned to in the
USAF.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

[...]

I used them in the newsroom at the AFRTS radio & TV station at Ft.
Greely AK in the early '70s. We had two. One on the military news
wire, and the other on a combo of the AP and UPI news services. They
replaced a very worn out pair of Kleinschmidts that could be heard on
air during live TV newscasts, in spite of being on the far side of two
so called soundproof walls. They did the walls, but ignored the
ceilings so the sound went up, reflected off the metal roof and came
down through the studio ceiling. The Teletype machines were quiet, by
comparison. The talking heads could actually work in the news room,
instead of just running in to rip copy off one of the Kleinschmidts.

have a DD214, and a honorable discharge.