Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default OT- ... they nailed evolution

Buerste wrote:

"Roger Shoaf" wrote in message

"Buerste" wrote in message

I disagree, evolution and God are not mutually exclusive unlike the best
argument for secularists. People constantly try to express these things

in
human terms which by nature can't be done.

Yes, religion has been used, abused and blamed since the dawn of time by
unscrupulous people.

I will to some extent concede this point Tom, but don't forget the flip
side
of these truths, and remember all of the historical abuses of people
acting
in the name of religion.

By this I don't just pick on Christians with their crusades, inquisitions,
etc. but also include The Japanese aggression in WWII in the name of the
Emperor god, the slaughter of the Christians in the coliseum by the
Romans,
the Armenian genocide, the problems in Ireland, human sacrifice to the
Aztec
sun god etc etc etc.

BTW do you really want to start the clock the dawn of time?I think your
point is well taken excluding any particular time period.

To me the question need not really be a choice of A or B, but rather if I
can live in harmony with my neighbor of what ever belief.

It makes little difference if a neighbor wants to kill me because I don't
believe in his god, or if he wants to kill me because he doesn't believe
in
a god.

--
Roger Shoaf

Add the atrocities committed in the name of Secular Humanism...which IS a
religion. And, I have enough insecurities and questions that I can't even
pretend to know enough to be of any value to others. I only know what I
have personally witnessed that I can't explain.

'Secular Humanism'? They should call it 'Secular Inhumanism'.

have a DD214, and a honorable discharge.