Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Metal gloat

I was looking for some metal to make sheds, carports, shades, like that. I
had a guy who was just a plain flake. Been trying to spend money with him
for six months, but he was always busy. Turned out to be a hoarder who just
didn't want to "really" sell anything.

We have a local thing called "Tradio". It is live on AM radio. I called in
for some rebar. The wife wants me to make some things that actually look
like real ocotillos, and you just use rebar and cut out flowers from sheet
metal.

So, I goes to get some rebar a guy has.

Well, he's got NEW 30' 8" zee purlins, sheets of 26 ga. galvalume and
painted 36" cover steel paneling you use for the sides of buildings and
roofs, Cees, door frames, tons of stuff.

I got two loads of "stuff". I got new 8" 14 ga. Z purlins for about $1.75 a
foot, and sheets of 36" wide painted panels NEW from 12' to 18' each for a
flat rate of $5 per sheet. Capping, ridge cap, stuff, stuff, stuff. Boxes
of about 3,000 5/16" self tapper self sealers, and just more "stuff", all
new.

In total, about 45 sheets, 150' 8" 14 ga. Z purlins, and a bunch of trim,
capping, and fasteners.

Soon as I get this Vegas job buttoned up, I'll be making some shade around
here.

Finally.

Steve

$555 total.