Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default mystery bracket - any clue what this fits?

I got this mixed in with a whole lot of wrenches - I've seen this before,
but darned if I can remember on what - I don't think it's automotive,
though it could be. it is presumably held in place with 1/2" diameter bolts,
forged, marked DF and DD57 some silver paint residue and some little bit of
red paint - what does it fit?

two images below, or if your viewer cuts off the images, to see the whole
image, go to my web page http://www.wbnoble.com and click on
"mysteries"

--
Bill -
www.wbnoble.com

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Bill Noble wrote:
I got this mixed in with a whole lot of wrenches - I've seen this
before, but darned if I can remember on what - I don't think it's
automotive, though it could be. it is presumably held in place with
1/2" diameter bolts, forged, marked DF and DD57 some silver paint
residue and some little bit of red paint - what does it fit?

two images below, or if your viewer cuts off the images, to see the
whole image, go to my web page http://www.wbnoble.com and
click on "mysteries"

Doesn't look like a bracket to me. It's a wrench - maybe for adjusting
distributer timing.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On May 28, 5:48*pm, "Bill Noble" wrote:
I got this mixed in with a whole lot of wrenches - I've seen this before,
but darned if I can remember on what - *I don't think it's automotive,
though it could be. it is presumably held in place with 1/2" diameter bolts,
forged, marked DF and DD57 some silver paint residue and some little bit of
red paint - what does it fit?

two images below, or if your viewer cuts off the images, to see the whole
image, go to my web page http://www.wbnoble.com and click on
"mysteries"

--
Bill *-www.wbnoble.com

I don't know what that wrench is for but I'm sure I could have used it
at one time or another.
Karl
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

I'm going to put in some spaces, so the URL is clickable.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

[img] http://www.wbnoble.com/mysteries/bracke07.JPG [/img]

[img] http://www.wbnoble.com/mysteries/bracket08.JPG [/img]

--
Bill -
www.wbnoble.com

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Now that I can click the URL. Might it be a specialized wrench, not a
bracket?

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"Bill Noble" wrote in message
I got this mixed in with a whole lot of wrenches - I've seen
this before, but darned if I can remember on what - I don't
think it's automotive, though it could be. it is presumably
held in place with 1/2" diameter bolts, forged, marked DF
and DD57 some silver paint residue and some little bit of
red paint - what does it fit?

two images below, or if your viewer cuts off the images, to
see the whole image, go to my web page
http://www.wbnoble.com and click on
"mysteries"

[img] http://www.wbnoble.com/mysteries/bracke07.JPG [/img]

[img] http://www.wbnoble.com/mysteries/bracket08.JPG [/img]

--
Bill -
www.wbnoble.com

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Bill Noble wrote:
I got this mixed in with a whole lot of wrenches - I've seen this
before, but darned if I can remember on what - I don't think it's
automotive, though it could be. it is presumably held in place with 1/2"
diameter bolts, forged, marked DF and DD57 some silver paint residue and
some little bit of red paint - what does it fit?

two images below, or if your viewer cuts off the images, to see the
whole image, go to my web page http://www.wbnoble.com and
click on "mysteries"

It's a specialty obstruction wrench. Yours is a newer one. The older
version still has an angle cut instead of the round bottom.

This is an older one:
http://snipurl.com/wwhdv

Ebay item 400106638509

--
Steve W.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default mystery bracket - any clue what this fits? - or is it a wrench

the consensus of replies so far is that this is a wrench, but I am really
really not convinced yet - the angles of the "heads" are unusual, the way
the heads are forged is not like a wrench with the back of the jaws being
rounded, I think I see some marks from a hold-down bolt (not positive), and
I think I've seen this exact thing as a bracket on something - I just can't
remember what. I agree that the ebay item looks like the same thing and has
the same numbers, but it has a hex cut in one end, on mine both ends are
round.

Still, the consensus may be right - but if so, then the question is - what
was the wrench for?

http://www.wbnoble.com/mysteries/bracke07.JPG [/img]

http://www.wbnoble.com/mysteries/bracket08.JPG [/img]

--
Bill -www.wbnoble.com

I don't know what that wrench is for but I'm sure I could have used it
at one time or another.
Karl

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

I got this mixed in with a whole lot of wrenches - I've seen this before,
but darned if I can remember on what - *I don't think it's automotive,
though it could be. it is presumably held in place with 1/2" diameter bolts,
forged, marked DF and DD57 some silver paint residue and some little bit of
red paint - what does it fit?

It looks like some of the ones my brother makes out of cheap taiwanese
wrenches by heating and bending, or sometimes cutting and rewelding,
to save the exhorbitant cost at the parts counter or traveling tool
truck, for working on diesels (Cummins, Detroit, Dresser, etc.) in all
the weird places they have to access: injectors, push rods, all
that...
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

You know. If you wanted, you could (doing it yourself) delete off the
tags, or put in a couple spaces so the rest of us could click on the
links.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"Black Dragon" wrote in message

Bill,

Usenet doesn't work like a bulletin board forum. You do not need to
use
tags for urls and images. In most newsreaders they just get in the
way.

--
Black Dragon

Physicists do it with charm.