Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default What is it? Set 338

On Fri, 28 May 2010 11:38:46 -0400, "Rob H." wrote:

For some reason, I think it came off a boat. I'm imagining the corner
of a triangular sail...maybe this is some sort of batten puller or
device for tensioning a sail or something. I think of the woodcraft
and carving skill of mariners....

This one is curious.

--riverman

Hmm, or what about something to wrap something? Like to hold a furled
sail, or a sheaf of hay or something? The one removable side could be
inserted last, and twisted into place to hold something.

--riverman

The guess that I like the best for this one is that it's a trivet that was
used by someone camping on the beach, or maybe it fell from a boat, or it
could have been left from a beach party. It's about the right size and it
could be taken apart for storage.

Rob

Hey Rob,

Why would anyone want a trivet at the beach????

Brian Lawson,
Bothwell, Ontario.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Fri, 28 May 2010 22:10:10 -0400, "Rob H." wrote:

Carl's noisemaker idea was added to the list, and I also modified the hames
answer to include Lobby's suggestion that they might be for oxen.

Rob

It is for a horse. If you want to use a horse collar on an ox, you
have turn it upside down. The narrow part of an ox's neck is the lower
part.