Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default The youth of today!!!

Eregon wrote:

Prove there is a "god". Your ilk have had thousands of years to do so
and have failed to find one shred of supporting evidence for your
superstitions.

You exist therefore since you exist (1) on a planet (2) that is in orbit
around a star (3) that orbits the center of a galaxy (4) that is part of
a universe (5) that was created ~4.5 billion years ago then the Creator
of that universe/galaxy/star/planet/life exists.

Whether or not you wish to "worship" or even acknowledge that Creator is
your problem.

OK, so who created that creator?

David
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"David R.Birch" wrote:

Eregon wrote:

Prove there is a "god". Your ilk have had thousands of years to do so
and have failed to find one shred of supporting evidence for your
superstitions.

You exist therefore since you exist (1) on a planet (2) that is in orbit
around a star (3) that orbits the center of a galaxy (4) that is part of
a universe (5) that was created ~4.5 billion years ago then the Creator
of that universe/galaxy/star/planet/life exists.

Whether or not you wish to "worship" or even acknowledge that Creator is
your problem.

OK, so who created that creator?

Ask Him, yourself.

have a DD214, and a honorable discharge.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Michael A. Terrell wrote:
"David R.Birch" wrote:
Eregon wrote:

Prove there is a "god". Your ilk have had thousands of years to do so
and have failed to find one shred of supporting evidence for your
superstitions.

You exist therefore since you exist (1) on a planet (2) that is in orbit
around a star (3) that orbits the center of a galaxy (4) that is part of
a universe (5) that was created ~4.5 billion years ago then the Creator
of that universe/galaxy/star/planet/life exists.

Whether or not you wish to "worship" or even acknowledge that Creator is
your problem.

OK, so who created that creator?

Ask Him, yourself.

I tried that when I was younger and still a bit naive.

No answer.

Not enough faith in Invisible Friends, I guess.

David
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"David R.Birch" wrote:

Michael A. Terrell wrote:
"David R.Birch" wrote:
Eregon wrote:

Prove there is a "god". Your ilk have had thousands of years to do so
and have failed to find one shred of supporting evidence for your
superstitions.

You exist therefore since you exist (1) on a planet (2) that is in orbit
around a star (3) that orbits the center of a galaxy (4) that is part of
a universe (5) that was created ~4.5 billion years ago then the Creator
of that universe/galaxy/star/planet/life exists.

Whether or not you wish to "worship" or even acknowledge that Creator is
your problem.
OK, so who created that creator?

Ask Him, yourself.

I tried that when I was younger and still a bit naive.

No answer.

Not enough faith in Invisible Friends, I guess.

Or not listening for the answer, because you were afraid of what it
would be.

have a DD214, and a honorable discharge.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Michael A. Terrell wrote:
"David R.Birch" wrote:
Michael A. Terrell wrote:
"David R.Birch" wrote:
Eregon wrote:

Prove there is a "god". Your ilk have had thousands of years to do so
and have failed to find one shred of supporting evidence for your
superstitions.

You exist therefore since you exist (1) on a planet (2) that is in orbit
around a star (3) that orbits the center of a galaxy (4) that is part of
a universe (5) that was created ~4.5 billion years ago then the Creator
of that universe/galaxy/star/planet/life exists.

Whether or not you wish to "worship" or even acknowledge that Creator is
your problem.
OK, so who created that creator?

Ask Him, yourself.

I tried that when I was younger and still a bit naive.

No answer.

Not enough faith in Invisible Friends, I guess.

Or not listening for the answer, because you were afraid of what it
would be.

If god wants to talk to me, he'll make himself known.

He hasn't.

David

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Wed, 26 May 2010 22:57:23 -0500, "David R.Birch"
wrote:

Michael A. Terrell wrote:
"David R.Birch" wrote:
Michael A. Terrell wrote:
"David R.Birch" wrote:
Eregon wrote:

[...]

Sucks to be you, doesnt it?

Hell..I saw my mother 2 weeks after she died, 2700 miles away.

One of lifes little mysteries as they say.

Maybe He/She/It hasnt had anything to say to you.

Hell..Im about as close to being agnostic..and Ive asked
"someone/something" for help...and its been granted..and more than once.

While Im not convinced..Im still very open towards the idea of a
"God"..and probably lean more towards..than away.

Ive seen some seriously wierd **** in that department in my time.......

Gunner

--

"First Law of Leftist Debate
homophobe approaches infinity.

the subject." Grey Ghost
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Gunner Asch wrote:

I tried that when I was younger and still a bit naive.

No answer.

Not enough faith in Invisible Friends, I guess.

Or not listening for the answer, because you were afraid of what it
would be.

If god wants to talk to me, he'll make himself known.

He hasn't.

David

Sucks to be you, doesnt it?

Nah, I can sleep in on Sunday mornings.

Hell..I saw my mother 2 weeks after she died, 2700 miles away.

One of lifes little mysteries as they say.

Maybe He/She/It hasnt had anything to say to you.

OK by me.

Hell..Im about as close to being agnostic..and Ive asked
"someone/something" for help...and its been granted..and more than once.

While Im not convinced..Im still very open towards the idea of a
"God"..and probably lean more towards..than away.

I suspect there's something more out there, and that's faith
addresses, I just have no use for the organized religion scam.

Ive seen some seriously wierd **** in that department in my time.......

Me, too, a bit, hence "something more out there" but I'm not weak
enough to ascribe it to invisible friends.

David
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"David R.Birch" wrote in news:htli3801h9
@news7.newsguy.com:

I suspect there's something more out there, and that's faith
addresses, I just have no use for the organized religion scam.

So?

"Organized Religion" is a long-standing industry that operates all over
the planet.

The industry provides rituals, souveniers, and other forms of
entertainment such as TV Evangelists.

The primary function of the industry is to assist the individual to come
to grips with the ultimate reality of Life - Death of the individual -
and to enable the individual to face that reality with some measure of
equanimity.

While, periodically, nations/states enact legislation that mandates that
each citize/subject adhere to one or another of the multitude of
religions, that is not true in the US.

Here, what you choose to believe is your business. After all, there are
people who firmly believe in one or more of the following:

1. The Earth is as flat as a surface plate with acne.
2. The Moon Landings were faked.
3. "What's good for the Democrat Party is good for the Country."
4. Lee harvey Oswald shot John F. Kennedy.
5. Humans are the sole cause of "Climate Change".
6. US News outlets always tell the whole truth.
7. "If it's on TV it must be true!"
8. Richard Nixon was a crook.
9. John F. Kennedy signed most of the Civil Rights legislation.
10. The US Government always keeps its word.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Thu, 27 May 2010 05:38:39 -0500, "David R.Birch"
wrote:

Gunner Asch wrote:

[...]

Weak enough? Thats a very interesting phrase.

Speaks volumes.

Gunner

--

"First Law of Leftist Debate
homophobe approaches infinity.

the subject." Grey Ghost
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Gunner Asch on Thu, 27 May 2010 11:45:28 -0700
wrote:

Gunner Asch wrote:

[...]

In deed. He's so strong, he needs no help at all.

Or thinks he does. I'm not so arrogant. ("You're not arrogant
enough to be an Aries." "I don't have to be.")
I'll even accept help from a Liberal, if they could provide real
help.
--
pyotr filipivich
It's eight fifty eight. Close enough!

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

Michael A. Terrell wrote:
"David R.Birch" wrote:
Michael A. Terrell wrote:
"David R.Birch" wrote:
Eregon wrote:

[...]

Some people have no idea what is possible, mostly because of a small,
closed mind.

I was working doubles, seven days a week when my mother died. I was
struggling to get by on four hours sleep each night. I woke at the exact
time she died, and knew she was gone. Sure enough, the phone rang a few
minutes later. It was my sister and aunt who had stayed with her when I
had to leave to get some sleep.

I was working as an engineer at an Orlando Christian TV station 20+
years ago. We were getting ready for our annual telethon. I had
finished the temporary phone system in the studio and went out for
lunch. I got busy in the shop checking all the spare equipment, since
you don't have much spare time during a 24/7/12 event. fifteen minutes
before it was to start I was alone on that end of the building when I
heard a voice say, 'There is something wrong with the telephones'. I
stepped into the hall, then into the studio and no one was around. I
picked up a phone and it was dead. Five of our ten WATS lines were
dead. I call AT&T Long Lines and was greeted by a foul mouthed, and
very angry woman who informed me that she didn't care that my WATS lines
were dead. I politely reminded her of the guaranteed response time in
our contract, and that we had paid a $10,000 deposit on those lines.
She screamed, "It's Friday afternoon, and quitting time. You'll be
lucky if your dammed phones are working by next Friday! What the hell
do you want me to do? Pull someone off another job for your damn
problem?" I told her that I didn't care what she had to do, but our
telethon started in about 12 minutes and I would hate to have to start
it by telling our members, many who owned businesses in the Orlando area
that AT&T Long Lines refused to honor our contract because we were a
Christian TV station. Suddenly she got very quiet and whispered, "You
wouldn't!" I said, "I'd hate to have to" and hung up. I looked at my
watch and headed for the parking lot. Exactly seven minutes later a
service truck rolled in. The tech was laughing as he asked if I had
reported the trouble, then told me the entire dispatch office was afraid
they would be fired on Monday. Over the next few minutes, six more
trucks rolled in. They had sent people from every section, as well as
the district field supervisor to make sure our service was restored.
They found a dead SLIC that had five of the WATS lines on it. A new one
was dug out of one of the trucks, and the phones were all working, with
one minute to spare.

A couple years later some friends asked what I would do if I didn't
have to worry about money. I told them that I had always wanted to
build a radio or TV station, and preferably a Christian station. They
all laughed. Two nights later I answered the phone and was asked if I
wanted to be the 'Engineer Of Record' for a new TV station. I took the
job. Then I dismantled and moved an old RCA UHF TV transmitter that was
built the year and month I was born. A lot of the parts had my date of
birth stamped on them. When it was time to set the fan on the water
chiller I only had six volunteers. It took eight to side it out of the
old site into the truck on a ramp, and they barely made it. The small
group I had couldn't even tip up the short side, let alone lift it.
They were ready to give up, when I had them join hands around it. I said
a short prayer for help. Then we not only lifted it, but it went onto
the guide pins on the first try.

I have had experiences like this my whole life. I feel sorry for
those who have never heard 'A still, small voice' or had things like
lifting that cooler happen to them.

have a DD214, and a honorable discharge.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

Gunner Asch wrote:

[...]

I don't know where you got that, as I didn't say it. When I need help,
should I pray for it to an Invisible Friend or ask a real visible one?
Which will give a more useful result?

Or thinks he does. I'm not so arrogant. ("You're not arrogant
enough to be an Aries." "I don't have to be.")

So being arrogant is the same as not being gullible?

David
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"David R.Birch" on Thu, 27 May 2010 20:05:25 -0500
wrote:

Gunner Asch wrote:

[...]

Only in France. But if all you have is the visible and the
weighable, how do you know? As the saying goes - show me loyalty,
show me gravity, show me the unified field thorium.

--
pyotr filipivich
"And Art is art, and east is east and west is west, and if you take rubbarb