Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default [Way OT] Retail desecration

Against my better judgment yesterday, I went out to a Cinemark
movie theater. One of the many, many pre-movie advertisements
used Brian Wilson's beautiful song _Wouldn't it be nice_ with
some clumsily written ad copy substituted for his excellent lyrics.

I couldn't even tell you the name of the junk they were pushing
in that ad because I was busy being repulsed and concerned.

This falls solidly into the 'What were you thinking?' category.

I'm going to play this a few more times in an attempt to recover:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pMytHN6odD4

--Winston

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Winston" wrote in message
Against my better judgment yesterday, I went out to a Cinemark
movie theater. One of the many, many pre-movie advertisements
used Brian Wilson's beautiful song _Wouldn't it be nice_ with
some clumsily written ad copy substituted for his excellent lyrics.

I couldn't even tell you the name of the junk they were pushing
in that ad because I was busy being repulsed and concerned.

This falls solidly into the 'What were you thinking?' category.

I'm going to play this a few more times in an attempt to recover:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pMytHN6odD4

--Winston

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tVYhh...eature=related

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Winston wrote:
Against my better judgment yesterday, I went out to a Cinemark
movie theater. One of the many, many pre-movie advertisements
used Brian Wilson's beautiful song _Wouldn't it be nice_ with
some clumsily written ad copy substituted for his excellent lyrics.

I couldn't even tell you the name of the junk they were pushing
in that ad because I was busy being repulsed and concerned.

This falls solidly into the 'What were you thinking?' category.

I'm going to play this a few more times in an attempt to recover:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pMytHN6odD4

Isn't it nice to pay good money for a money and get treated with a facefull
of SPAM?

Jon

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 5/24/2010 2:13 PM, Jon Danniken wrote:
Winston wrote:
Against my better judgment yesterday, I went out to a Cinemark
movie theater. One of the many, many pre-movie advertisements
used Brian Wilson's beautiful song _Wouldn't it be nice_ with
some clumsily written ad copy substituted for his excellent lyrics.

I couldn't even tell you the name of the junk they were pushing
in that ad because I was busy being repulsed and concerned.

This falls solidly into the 'What were you thinking?' category.

I'm going to play this a few more times in an attempt to recover:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pMytHN6odD4

Isn't it nice to pay good money for a money and get treated with a facefull
of SPAM?

It makes me wonder how much a movie ticket would cost if there were no
commercials...

Over ten bucks? No, wait. I paid $12.25 for the movie and a dozen
commercials.

Well what if a medium popcorn and a bottle of water were say $6.50?

No, wait. I paid $10.00.

--Winston

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Retail desecration

I go to matinees so I don't have to pay quite as much for a big-screen
movie. There are very, very few people in teh theater then, a real
boon. *[...] They'd confiscate the popcorn if they saw it but they let water in.

I go to the one remaining local drive-in. Two movies at $20 a
carload, you can trade snide comments with the other people in the car
without upsetting the other patrons, you can bring whatever
refreshments you want except those requiring the use of an open flame,
and well behaved pets are allowed. And it's closer than the 'plex...
--Glenn Lyford
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 5/25/2010 7:24 AM, Larry Jaques wrote:
On Mon, 24 May 2010 09:10:59 -0700,
wrote the following:

(...)

I'm going to play this a few more times in an attempt to recover:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pMytHN6odD4

I had to listen to this a couple times to recover from your pet
sounds, Winnie. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K2NGe9mLAEc

Yeah but the lyrics are still borderline 'gobbldy goop'.
Not as bad as some, I'll grant.

--Winston
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 5/25/2010 2:30 PM, Larry Jaques wrote:

(...)

A song about getting clean& sober is always good. And it's "gobbledygook".

Good. I'm glad we agree.

(GD&R)

--Winston
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Larry Jaques wrote:
A song about getting clean & sober is always good. And it's
"gobbledygook".

Note to Lew: When you see that and start hollering "Bigot!", I want
you to know that it predates anti-Asian sentiment and the last
syllable is pronounced like "cook", OK?

My favorite expression for that segment of homosapiens came from
a co-worker at PSU. "Bedwetters" :-) I'm a bigot and proud of it.
:-) But I don't "stereotype".
...lew...
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Tue, 25 May 2010 07:24:12 -0700, Larry Jaques
wrote:

On Mon, 24 May 2010 09:10:59 -0700, Winston
wrote the following:

Against my better judgment yesterday, I went out to a Cinemark
movie theater. One of the many, many pre-movie advertisements
used Brian Wilson's beautiful song _Wouldn't it be nice_ with
some clumsily written ad copy substituted for his excellent lyrics.

I couldn't even tell you the name of the junk they were pushing
in that ad because I was busy being repulsed and concerned.

This falls solidly into the 'What were you thinking?' category.

I'm going to play this a few more times in an attempt to recover:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pMytHN6odD4

I had to listen to this a couple times to recover from your pet
sounds, Winnie. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K2NGe9mLAEc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9pIegNFyorM

Gunner

--

"First Law of Leftist Debate
homophobe approaches infinity.

the subject." Grey Ghost

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Larry Jaques wrote:
Oops, wrong newsgroup. Lew on the Wreck is accusing everyone of
bigotry lately. I meant that little memo for him, not you. So solly.

Yea these "johny come lately" types that usurp my name
on the net. Been using Lew for about 15 yrs on RCM ,
(before it became RCM) :-)
...Lew...

OT - Survivalism Retail Style Roger Shoaf Metalworking 15 January 11th 09 08:02 PM
OT - Survivalism Retail Style GeoLane at PTD dot NET Metalworking 1 January 8th 09 04:17 AM
OT - Survivalism Retail Style RoyJ Metalworking 1 January 7th 09 05:45 PM
OT Retail question ED Metalworking 19 April 13th 08 10:01 PM
Products for Home below retail rgentle[_2_] Home Ownership 0 January 23rd 08 04:04 PM