Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default 5/8 - 20 nut

Maybe I didn't use the right words at McMaster-Carr, but I didn't spot
a 5/8-20 nut there. I need one for my tool and cutter grinder. I
suppose if I have to I can make one on my lathe, but it would be
easier to buy one if they're available somewhere. Where can you find
odd size nuts?

RWL

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2010-05-21, GeoLane at PTD dot NET GeoLane wrote:
Maybe I didn't use the right words at McMaster-Carr, but I didn't spot
a 5/8-20 nut there. I need one for my tool and cutter grinder. I
suppose if I have to I can make one on my lathe, but it would be
easier to buy one if they're available somewhere. Where can you find
odd size nuts?

Try google, they are plentiful.

http://www.google.com/search?q=%225/8-20%22+nut

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

GeoLane at PTD dot NET wrote in message
snip---

Where can you find
odd size nuts?

RWL

Well, one of mine is the size of a pea, and the other one is a little tiny
*******!

Harold

(Sorry--couldn't resist the humor)

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

--Try my fave: 1-800-SB-BOLTS has just about everything or can get
it if not in stock.

--
"Steamboat Ed" Haas : Come see my stuff
Hacking the Trailing Edge! : at Maker Faire!!

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Robert Swinney" wrote in message
Where is the humor, Harold? G

Bob Swinney

Damn! Now that you make mention, it's not all that funny being saddled with
those little suckers. :-)

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2010-05-22, GeoLane at PTD dot NET GeoLane wrote:
On Thu, 20 May 2010 22:02:27 -0500, Ignoramus15573

On 2010-05-21, GeoLane at PTD dot NET GeoLane wrote:
Maybe I didn't use the right words at McMaster-Carr, but I didn't spot
a 5/8-20 nut there.

Try google, they are plentiful.

http://www.google.com/search?q=%225/8-20%22+nut

Doh! How obvious. The first or second link is to a Harley supply co.
I may be able to source that locally if Harley's use that thread.
Thanks.

I would bet a nickel that Harley dealers would carry them.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Thu, 20 May 2010 22:02:27 -0500, Ignoramus15573

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

GeoLane at PTD dot NET wrote in message
Maybe I didn't use the right words at McMaster-Carr, but I didn't spot
a 5/8-20 nut there. I need one for my tool and cutter grinder. I
suppose if I have to I can make one on my lathe, but it would be
easier to buy one if they're available somewhere. Where can you find
odd size nuts?

RWL

A bit late to be helpful probably, but I needed a 3/4 16 nut to make a
specialty puller/lifter the other day. Of course none of the local hardware
or box stores had anything, but 3/4-10. I stopped by the local Copperstate
bolt and they had it in field grade 2, grade 5, and grade 8 as well as
extended length nuts. The extended length was exactly what I had hoped to
find. Job done.