Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default what the heck is this metal object part of?? (actual on-topic post)

please go to my web site (www.wbnoble.com) and click on mysteries and look
at the first item pictured - it almost looks like a mortise accessory for a
drill press, but not quite - someone must recognize it, and if we can figure
out what it is, someone must need it.... and then I can get it to where it
is needed.

if you don't want to go to my site, here is a direct link to one of the
photos:
http://www.wbnoble.com/mysteries/PICTv0007.JPG
the dimensions and another photo are on my site

now - who knows what it is?

thanks

--
Bill -
www.wbnoble.com

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Bill Noble wrote:
please go to my web site (www.wbnoble.com) and click on mysteries and
look at the first item pictured - it almost looks like a mortise
accessory for a drill press, but not quite - someone must recognize it,
and if we can figure out what it is, someone must need it.... and then I
can get it to where it is needed.

if you don't want to go to my site, here is a direct link to one of the
photos:
http://www.wbnoble.com/mysteries/PICTv0007.JPG
the dimensions and another photo are on my site

Looks to me like a small PTO yoke
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

You and Rob H should swap items, to post. This mystery list is good.

The bracket thing looks bench mount (d'uh) but beyond that, not sure.

You need someone older than I, about that Raeython tube.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"Bill Noble" wrote in message
please go to my web site (www.wbnoble.com) and click on mysteries and
look
at the first item pictured - it almost looks like a mortise accessory
for a
drill press, but not quite - someone must recognize it, and if we can
figure
out what it is, someone must need it.... and then I can get it to
where it
is needed.

if you don't want to go to my site, here is a direct link to one of
the
photos:
http://www.wbnoble.com/mysteries/PICTv0007.JPG
the dimensions and another photo are on my site

now - who knows what it is?

thanks

--
Bill -
www.wbnoble.com

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On May 19, 11:19*pm, "Bill Noble" wrote:
please go to my web site (www.wbnoble.com) and click on mysteries and look
at the first item pictured - it almost looks like a mortise accessory for a
drill press, but not quite - someone must recognize it, and if we can figure
out what it is, someone must need it.... and then I can get it to where it
is needed.

if you don't want to go to my site, here is a direct link to one of the
photos:http://www.wbnoble.com/mysteries/PICTv0007.JPG
the dimensions and another photo are on my site

now - who knows what it is?

thanks

--
Bill *-www.wbnoble.com

I'd guess the height thingie may be a setting gauge rather than a
'reading' gauge.

Or, maybe it aligns 3 things that poke through the holes in the top
and then the 3 things are tightened down.

On the glass diode- (based on nothing) I'll guess it's for a B52
aircraft.

"The B-52H made its first flight March 6, 1961, and is still in
service."

And I'll bet some of those had tube components into the late 80's...
Major avionics upgrade discussion (late 1999):
http://www.fas.org/nuke/guide/usa/bo...119_992119.htm

The rear remote-controlled machine gun was removed in in the 91-94
timeframe...

Full list of upgrades:
http://www.globalsecurity.org/wmd/sy...52-upgrade.htm

Dave
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

ok, I got a positive ID on the mystery thing from OWWM - it's the mortise
holder for a delta horizontal mortise attachment - photo of the appropriate
manual page was posted to their shop forum - so one mystery solved, an
avogadro's number of mysteries remain

.

"Bill Noble" wrote in message
please go to my web site (www.wbnoble.com) and click on mysteries and
look
at the first item pictured - it almost looks like a mortise accessory
for a
drill press, but not quite - someone must recognize it, and if we can
figure
out what it is, someone must need it.... and then I can get it to
where it
is needed.

if you don't want to go to my site, here is a direct link to one of
the
photos:
http://www.wbnoble.com/mysteries/PICTv0007.JPG
the dimensions and another photo are on my site

now - who knows what it is?

thanks

--
Bill -
www.wbnoble.com

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

In article ,
"Bill Noble" wrote:

ok, I got a positive ID on the mystery thing from OWWM - it's the mortise
holder for a delta horizontal mortise attachment - photo of the appropriate
manual page was posted to their shop forum - so one mystery solved, an
avogadro's number of mysteries remain

Avogadro's Number is especially useful if you're troubled by moles.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"John Husvar" wrote in message
In article ,
"Bill Noble" wrote:

ok, I got a positive ID on the mystery thing from OWWM - it's the mortise
holder for a delta horizontal mortise attachment - photo of the
appropriate
manual page was posted to their shop forum - so one mystery solved, an
avogadro's number of mysteries remain

Avogadro's Number is especially useful if you're troubled by moles.

And if you are not part of the solution you may well be the precipitate.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

I must be a nerd. I actually found that funny.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"John Husvar" wrote in message

manual page was posted to their shop forum - so one mystery solved,
an
avogadro's number of mysteries remain

Avogadro's Number is especially useful if you're troubled by moles.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

John Husvar wrote:
In article ,
"Bill Noble" wrote:

ok, I got a positive ID on the mystery thing from OWWM - it's the mortise
holder for a delta horizontal mortise attachment - photo of the appropriate
manual page was posted to their shop forum - so one mystery solved, an
avogadro's number of mysteries remain

Avogadro's Number is especially useful if you're troubled by moles.

We have gophers. Do you think I should give Avogadro a call???

--

Richard Lamb

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Avogadro's Number is especially useful if you're troubled by moles.

We have gophers. Do you think I should give Avogadro a call???

--

Richard Lamb

Only if you have at least 6.0221415 × 1023 of them

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

A miss is as good as a mole.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"Grumpy" wrote in message
. au...

Avogadro's Number is especially useful if you're troubled by moles.

We have gophers. Do you think I should give Avogadro a call???

--

Richard Lamb

Only if you have at least 6.0221415 × 1023 of them

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Stormin Mormon wrote:
A miss is as good as a mole.

"Grumpy" wrote in message
. au...
Avogadro's Number is especially useful if you're troubled by moles.

We have gophers. Do you think I should give Avogadro a call???

--

Richard Lamb

Only if you have at least 6.0221415 × 1023 of them

There might be that many...

Or one - with a serious work ethic?

--

Richard Lamb

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Bill Noble" wrote:

ok, I got a positive ID on the mystery thing from OWWM - it's the mortise
holder for a delta horizontal mortise attachment - photo of the
appropriate
manual page was posted to their shop forum - so one mystery solved, an
avogadro's number of mysteries remain

Avogadro's Number is especially useful if you're troubled by moles.

Usually about 4 avagadros make enough guacamole for a small dinner party.