DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   New page: plaque made using lost foam...poured in brass (https://www.diybanter.com/metalworking/303076-new-page-plaque-made-using-lost-foam-poured-brass.html)

metalshop May 14th 10 09:32 PM

New page: plaque made using lost foam...poured in brass

I sent my new page out a while ago to my e-zine subscribers and
thought I would share it with you too. It is a plaque I did using
lost foam. Here is the address:
http://metalshop.homestead.com/the-rabbitry-plaque.html

Dave D

[email protected] May 14th 10 10:51 PM

On May 14, 12:32*pm, metalshop wrote:
I sent my new page out a while ago to my e-zine subscribers and
thought I would share it with you too. *It is a plaque I did using
lost foam. *Here is the address:http://metalshop.homestead.com/the-rabbitry-plaque.html

Dave D

Well done, both the plaque and the presentation and videos.

What brass did you use? If scrap, did the potential lead content and
fumes give you some concern?

Paul

Larry Jaques[_2_] May 15th 10 04:30 AM

New page: plaque made using lost foam...poured in brass

On Fri, 14 May 2010 12:32:47 -0700 (PDT), metalshop
wrote the following:

I sent my new page out a while ago to my e-zine subscribers and
thought I would share it with you too. It is a plaque I did using
lost foam. Here is the address:
http://metalshop.homestead.com/the-rabbitry-plaque.html

Very nice. Too bad the rabbit wasn't just a hare lower. groan
(I have a history in graphic design so I'm a picky SOB. ;)

I really like the grounding pattern (background) and your choice of
patinas. How did you achieve the grounding texture? It's nice and
coarse. Just perfect to make the foreground stand out. Kudos.

--
Work and struggle and never accept an evil that you can change.
-- Andre Gide

William Wixon May 15th 10 04:36 AM

" wrote in message
On May 14, 12:32 pm, metalshop wrote:
I sent my new page out a while ago to my e-zine subscribers and
thought I would share it with you too. It is a plaque I did using
lost foam. Here is the
address:http://metalshop.homestead.com/the-rabbitry-plaque.html

Dave D

Well done, both the plaque and the presentation and videos.

What brass did you use? If scrap, did the potential lead content and
fumes give you some concern?

Paul

that came out pretty darn good. congrats. looks great. inspiring.

b.w.