Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default McMaster is instant fulfillment!

I ordered a pair of Imperial model IE-180 wire cutters late on the 12th,
and they arrived just now. Hot damn, that's just about instantaneous...
Must have shipped from Elmhurst.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Good for you!
I have to order from MSC by 10:30 am to get that service here in
western WI.

Either way, it sure beats driving 40 or 50 miles one way to get something.

Pete Stanaitis

Louis Ohland wrote:

I ordered a pair of Imperial model IE-180 wire cutters late on the 12th,
and they arrived just now. Hot damn, that's just about instantaneous...
Must have shipped from Elmhurst.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On May 13, 6:04*pm, spaco wrote:
Good for you!
* *I have to order from MSC by 10:30 am to get that service here in
western WI.

Either way, it sure beats driving 40 or 50 miles one way to get something..

Pete Stanaitis

Here in EauClaire, order from MSC, (or McMaster) at 18:57PM and get it
by 9:00 AM the next morning.

What part of western WI are you in??
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Louis Ohland wrote:

I ordered a pair of Imperial model IE-180 wire cutters late on the 12th,
and they arrived just now. Hot damn, that's just about instantaneous...
Must have shipped from Elmhurst.

I noticed my McMaster shipments to work are coming Fedex instead of UPS. Now I'm getting
most things overnight.

Wes
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 5/13/2010 19:12, Cross-Slide wrote:
On May 13, 6:04 pm, wrote:
Good for you!
I have to order from MSC by 10:30 am to get that service here in
western WI.

Either way, it sure beats driving 40 or 50 miles one way to get something.

Pete Stanaitis

Here in EauClaire, order from MSC, (or McMaster) at 18:57PM and get it
by 9:00 AM the next morning.

What part of western WI are you in??

Down in the Wisconsin tropical zone, near where I-90 crosses into Illinois.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Louis Ohland" wrote in message
I ordered a pair of Imperial model IE-180 wire cutters late on the 12th,
and they arrived just now. Hot damn, that's just about instantaneous...
Must have shipped from Elmhurst.

I get stuff from Grainger and McMaster the SAME day! Beat that! And,
Grainger will open-up for me 24/7 for $50 fee. I've had to get parts in the
middle of the night on occasion and the $50 was nowhere near the cost of the
down-time.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

10 miles se of Baldwin

Pete Stanaitis
---------------------

Cross-Slide wrote:
On May 13, 6:04 pm, spaco wrote:

Good for you!
I have to order from MSC by 10:30 am to get that service here in
western WI.

Either way, it sure beats driving 40 or 50 miles one way to get something.

Pete Stanaitis

Here in EauClaire, order from MSC, (or McMaster) at 18:57PM and get it
by 9:00 AM the next morning.

What part of western WI are you in??

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Louis Ohland wrote:

What part of western WI are you in??

Down in the Wisconsin tropical zone, near where I-90 crosses into Illinois.

I always thought you were down near Grand Rapids Michigan. I'm in Michigan near Latitude
45N

Wes
in their eyes." Dick Anthony Heller
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

spaco wrote:

10 miles se of Baldwin

in their eyes." Dick Anthony Heller
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Thu, 13 May 2010 17:35:52 -0500, Louis Ohland wrote:

I ordered a pair of Imperial model IE-180 wire cutters late on the 12th,
and they arrived just now. Hot damn, that's just about instantaneous...
Must have shipped from Elmhurst.

I wish that there is a way to convince them to sell to Canadians. They
stopped because "there was too much hassle with customs" Business must be
good.
--
Boris

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2010-05-15, Boris Mohar wrote:
On Thu, 13 May 2010 17:35:52 -0500, Louis Ohland wrote:

I ordered a pair of Imperial model IE-180 wire cutters late on the 12th,
and they arrived just now. Hot damn, that's just about instantaneous...
Must have shipped from Elmhurst.

I wish that there is a way to convince them to sell to Canadians. They
stopped because "there was too much hassle with customs" Business must be
good.

Apparently, NAFTA did not do what it was supposed to do.

Enjoy,
DoN.

--
Email: | Voice (all times): (703) 938-4564
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On May 15, 7:54*am, Boris Mohar wrote:
On Thu, 13 May 2010 17:35:52 -0500, Louis Ohland wrote:
I ordered a pair of Imperial model IE-180 wire cutters late on the 12th,
and they arrived just now. Hot damn, that's just about instantaneous...
Must have shipped from Elmhurst.

I wish that there is a way to convince them to sell to Canadians. *They
stopped because "there was too much hassle with customs" *Business must be
good.
--
Boris

For me it seems that every other package to or from Canada is opened
and arrives with something missing or is completely lost.

So I no longer order anything form Canada. (or China).

I've had to let a lot of what looked like good deals go as a result.

A company like MSC is relatively close to me, so that makes things a
lot easier and cheaper. (I hope to be picking up a rotary table,
dividing plates, and tailstock in a couple days).

Darren Harris
Staten Island, New York.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"DoN. Nichols" wrote:

I wish that there is a way to convince them to sell to Canadians. They
stopped because "there was too much hassle with customs" Business must be
good.

Apparently, NAFTA did not do what it was supposed to do.

Oh, I think it did just fine for large corporate interests. Nafta wasn't about Joe
American or Ethan Canadian buying retail across national boundaries.

Sad thing too. Canada of all countries should be a country where we can have fair and
free trade with.

Wes
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On May 14, 8:16*am, spaco wrote:
10 miles se of Baldwin

Pete Stanaitis
---------------------

Cross-Slide wrote:
On May 13, 6:04 pm, spaco wrote:

Good for you!
* I have to order from MSC by 10:30 am to get that service here in
western WI.

Either way, it sure beats driving 40 or 50 miles one way to get something.

Pete Stanaitis

Here in EauClaire, order from MSC, (or McMaster) at 18:57PM and get it
by 9:00 AM the next morning.

What part of western WI are you in??

It is a small world isn't it?
McMaster, or MSC ship overnight here via Speedy.
I'm surprised and confused why you don't get as good of service there
also.