Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Moving / Lifting a KO Lee Tool & Cutter grinder

Where are the lift points on a BA900 KO Lee Tool and Cutter grinder?
The seller no doubt will load it with a forklift, but on my end I"ll
be unloading it from my truck with an engine hoist / cherry picker.
Although it only weighs around 800-900 lbs, a relatively easy lift ,
can the table be easily removed to lighten the weight? Anyone know
where there's a manual on this machine? I've seen a parts breakdown on
the net but not a users manual.

RWL
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Call KO lee at 888-532-5663 and ask.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2010-05-12, GeoLane at PTD dot NET GeoLane wrote:
Where are the lift points on a BA900 KO Lee Tool and Cutter grinder?

RWL

On Wed, 12 May 2010 08:04:49 -0500, Ignoramus11203
wrote:

Call KO lee at 888-532-5663 and ask.

I forgot they were still in business under LeBlond. I did something
similar this afternoon, I emailed them. If I don't get a response by
Friday , I may call them since I'm moving it Saturday morning.

RWL

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2010-05-12, GeoLane at PTD dot NET GeoLane wrote:
Where are the lift points on a BA900 KO Lee Tool and Cutter grinder?

RWL

The move went well today. The seller raised his eyebrows when I
showed up with my Toyota Tacoma and told him it would haul it. They
loaded it and I strapped it in and off I went in about a half hour.
They were concerned because the grinder is pretty top heavy. I really
took it slow going around corners in town and going over the perpetual
PA potholes. It was more work on my end unloading it. Carve another
notch into the HF shop crane. Picked it up, pulled the truck away and
lowered it onto planks and pipes.

Lifting points turned out not to be a problem. There's a slot between
the machine and its cast iron base. I put one strap in front of the
table and one strap behind the table for the lift.

The biggest hassle was rolling it into the shop on pipes. The thing
has feet, with an additional foot in the middle of the rear. You can
roll about 8"' and then then have to work with the crowbar and pipes
to get another pipe under. Once I got it through the shop door, I
lifted it slightly with the shop crane and dragged it to its home.

KO Lee / Leblond emailed me and I was able to phone them and clarify
some things. When LeBlond bought KO Lee, some of the drawings and
files that would have been useful to them went missing in the
transition, so they don't have information on some things.

RWL