Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default HF grinder wheels

Picked up some HF grinder wheels today (6674), and they seem to do well for
grinding off my turkeysh*t welds and whatnot. I notice they don't have the
smooth outside coating that the Norton/DeWalt ones do, and I haven't ground
it down far enough to see if there is a fiberglass matrix holding the whole
thing together.

Anyone tried their grinding discs, and had any "interesting" experiences
with them?

Jon

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Jon Danniken wrote:

Picked up some HF grinder wheels today (6674), and they seem to do well for
grinding off my turkeysh*t welds and whatnot. I notice they don't have the
smooth outside coating that the Norton/DeWalt ones do, and I haven't ground
it down far enough to see if there is a fiberglass matrix holding the whole
thing together.

Anyone tried their grinding discs, and had any "interesting" experiences
with them?

Jon

I haven't tried them, but I've mostly switched off of the hard wheels in
favor of flap disks.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2010-05-10, Jon Danniken wrote:
Picked up some HF grinder wheels today (6674), and they seem to do well for
grinding off my turkeysh*t welds and whatnot. I notice they don't have the
smooth outside coating that the Norton/DeWalt ones do, and I haven't ground
it down far enough to see if there is a fiberglass matrix holding the whole
thing together.

Anyone tried their grinding discs, and had any "interesting" experiences
with them?

The Russian ones I tried work.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Mon, 10 May 2010 16:35:57 -0700, "Jon Danniken"
wrote:

Picked up some HF grinder wheels today (6674), and they seem to do well for
grinding off my turkeysh*t welds and whatnot. I notice they don't have the
smooth outside coating that the Norton/DeWalt ones do, and I haven't ground
it down far enough to see if there is a fiberglass matrix holding the whole
thing together.

Anyone tried their grinding discs, and had any "interesting" experiences
with them?

Jon

Ayup. They are not bad. They dont last quite as long as those 2x the
price..but they are the best deal Ive found, except for buying bulk off
Ebay..and even then they are pretty close.

Gunner

--

"First Law of Leftist Debate
homophobe approaches infinity.

the subject." Grey Ghost
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

Picked up some HF grinder wheels today (6674), and they seem to do
well for grinding off my turkeysh*t welds and whatnot. I notice
they don't have the smooth outside coating that the Norton/DeWalt
ones do, and I haven't ground it down far enough to see if there is
a fiberglass matrix holding the whole thing together.

Anyone tried their grinding discs, and had any "interesting"
experiences with them?

Jon

Ayup. They are not bad. They dont last quite as long as those 2x the
price..but they are the best deal Ive found, except for buying bulk
off Ebay..and even then they are pretty close.

Aye, for a buck a disk I figure as long as they don't turn into shrapnel
it's a good deal.

Jon

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2010-05-10, Jon Danniken
wrote:
Picked up some HF grinder wheels today (6674), and they seem to do
well for grinding off my turkeysh*t welds and whatnot. I notice
they don't have the smooth outside coating that the Norton/DeWalt
ones do, and I haven't ground it down far enough to see if there is
a fiberglass matrix holding the whole thing together.

Anyone tried their grinding discs, and had any "interesting"
experiences with them?

The Russian ones I tried work.

Ruski ones, eh? The ones I picked are stamped Taiwan.

Jon

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On May 10, 10:53*pm, "Jon Danniken"
On 2010-05-10, Jon Danniken
wrote:
Picked up some HF grinder wheels today (6674), and they seem to do
well for grinding off my turkeysh*t welds and whatnot. *I notice
they don't have the smooth outside coating that the Norton/DeWalt
ones do, and I haven't ground it down far enough to see if there is
a fiberglass matrix holding the whole thing together.

Anyone tried their grinding discs, and had any "interesting"
experiences with them?

The Russian ones I tried work.

Ruski ones, eh? *The ones I picked are stamped Taiwan.

Jon

On the mini lathe yahoo group there is someone raving about the
grinding wheels from ABTEC .

http://www.abtec4abrasives.com/

Darren Harris
Staten Island, New York.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Jon Danniken" wrote in message
Picked up some HF grinder wheels today (6674), and they seem to do well
for grinding off my turkeysh*t welds and whatnot. I notice they don't
have the smooth outside coating that the Norton/DeWalt ones do, and I
haven't ground it down far enough to see if there is a fiberglass matrix
holding the whole thing together.

Anyone tried their grinding discs, and had any "interesting" experiences
with them?

Jon

I don't use HF discs but here is a place that is cheap and good.
http://www.lehighvalleyabrasives.com/servlet/StoreFront
I started buying from them on eBay and order direct now.
Steve

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Up North wrote:
"Jon Danniken" wrote in message
Picked up some HF grinder wheels today (6674), and they seem to do
well for grinding off my turkeysh*t welds and whatnot. I notice
they don't have the smooth outside coating that the Norton/DeWalt
ones do, and I haven't ground it down far enough to see if there is
a fiberglass matrix holding the whole thing together.

Anyone tried their grinding discs, and had any "interesting"
experiences with them?

Jon

I don't use HF discs but here is a place that is cheap and good.
http://www.lehighvalleyabrasives.com/servlet/StoreFront
I started buying from them on eBay and order direct now.

Hey thanks for that, Steve. They've got some good stuff at very good
prices. I might have to put an order together.

Jon

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

Picked up some HF grinder wheels today (6674), and they seem to do
well for grinding off my turkeysh*t welds and whatnot. I notice
they don't have the smooth outside coating that the Norton/DeWalt
ones do, and I haven't ground it down far enough to see if there is
a fiberglass matrix holding the whole thing together.

Anyone tried their grinding discs, and had any "interesting"
experiences with them?

Jon

Ayup. They are not bad. They dont last quite as long as those 2x the
price..but they are the best deal Ive found, except for buying bulk
off Ebay..and even then they are pretty close.

Aye, for a buck a disk I figure as long as they don't turn into shrapnel
it's a good deal.

I've worn out a couple and neither threw stuff. They wore slowly,
lasting much longer than I expected, too. Definitely worth the price.

I've had the little 45430s (1/16" thick cutoff wheels) blow when I
caught an edge, but even that was just a spray of dust and small
pieces. No blood.

--
You will find that the mere resolve not to be useless,
and the honest desire to help other people, will, in