DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   RAF formation flight training (https://www.diybanter.com/metalworking/302791-raf-formation-flight-training.html)

Jim Wilkins May 9th 10 03:33 PM

RAF formation flight training

We're having so much fun with this in rec.aviation.military I want to
share it he
http://www.gstatic.com/hostedimg/8e454148ff8afb67_large

jsw

Gunner Asch[_6_] May 9th 10 11:29 PM

RAF formation flight training

On Sun, 9 May 2010 07:33:40 -0700 (PDT), Jim Wilkins
wrote:

We're having so much fun with this in rec.aviation.military I want to
share it he
http://www.gstatic.com/hostedimg/8e454148ff8afb67_large

jsw

ROFLMAO!!

Watch the Bosch peddle furiously away into a cloud bank!

--

"First Law of Leftist Debate
homophobe approaches infinity.

the subject." Grey Ghost

Wes[_5_] May 10th 10 01:02 AM

wrote:

We're having so much fun with this in rec.aviation.military I want to
share it he
http://www.gstatic.com/hostedimg/8e454148ff8afb67_large

jsw

ROFLMAO!!

Watch the Bosch peddle furiously away into a cloud bank!

Look out for the stocky fellow mumbling tank, tank, tank. ;)

Wes
in their eyes." Dick Anthony Heller

Jim Wilkins May 10th 10 01:30 AM

On May 9, 8:02*pm, Wes wrote:
Gunner Asch wrote:
On Sun, 9 May 2010 07:33:40 -0700 (PDT), Jim Wilkins
http://www.gstatic.com/hostedimg/8e454148ff8afb67_large

It is a 1942 photo of teenage cadets in the Air Training Corps, we
think taken at RAF Benny Hill.

vroom, vroom, dadadadadat
jsw

Wes[_5_] May 10th 10 01:40 AM

Jim Wilkins wrote:

On May 9, 8:02*pm, Wes wrote:
Gunner Asch wrote:
On Sun, 9 May 2010 07:33:40 -0700 (PDT), Jim Wilkins
http://www.gstatic.com/hostedimg/8e454148ff8afb67_large

It is a 1942 photo of teenage cadets in the Air Training Corps, we
think taken at RAF Benny Hill.

Benny Hill? :) Wasn't there a comedian using that stage name? ROTFLMA

vroom, vroom, dadadadadat
jsw

Wes

Lloyd E. Sponenburgh[_3_] May 10th 10 02:02 AM

RAF formation flight training

Wes fired this volley in news:oBIFn.310090
:

Benny Hill? :) Wasn't there a comedian using that stage name? ROTFLMA

I think we need another "VRRRROOOOOM" here, as this one obviously flew
right over his head!

LLoyd

Gunner Asch[_6_] May 10th 10 03:31 AM

RAF formation flight training

On Sun, 9 May 2010 17:30:33 -0700 (PDT), Jim Wilkins
wrote:

On May 9, 8:02*pm, Wes wrote:
Gunner Asch wrote:
On Sun, 9 May 2010 07:33:40 -0700 (PDT), Jim Wilkins
http://www.gstatic.com/hostedimg/8e454148ff8afb67_large

It is a 1942 photo of teenage cadets in the Air Training Corps, we
think taken at RAF Benny Hill.

vroom, vroom, dadadadadat
jsw

As a side and more seious note..I wonder how many of those lads were
still alive by 1946?

Gunner

Dave__67 May 10th 10 12:46 PM

On May 9, 10:33*am, Jim Wilkins wrote:
We're having so much fun with this in rec.aviation.military I want to
share it hehttp://www.gstatic.com/hostedimg/8e454148ff8afb67_large

jsw

If you've seen the blue angels or thunderbirds rehearsing, this
doesn't seem so silly.

It does *look* silly, though.

Dave

Stormin Mormon May 10th 10 02:45 PM

RAF formation flight training

Thanks for sharing. That sure is creative, and of course
they have a much shorter take off taxi.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

Wes[_5_] May 10th 10 11:58 PM

"Lloyd E. Sponenburgh" lloydspinsidemindspring.com wrote:

Wes fired this volley in news:oBIFn.310090
:

Benny Hill? :) Wasn't there a comedian using that stage name? ROTFLMA

I think we need another "VRRRROOOOOM" here, as this one obviously flew
right over his head!

I can be Burns Gracie at times ;)

Lloyd E. Sponenburgh[_3_] May 11th 10 01:08 AM

RAF formation flight training

Wes fired this volley in news:wb0Gn.250575
:

I can be Burns Gracie at times ;)

Or maybe even Gracie Burns!

(Say "goodnight", Gracie.)

LLoyd

Mark Rand May 11th 10 09:13 PM

RAF formation flight training

On Mon, 10 May 2010 04:46:57 -0700 (PDT), Dave__67
wrote:

On May 9, 10:33*am, Jim Wilkins wrote:
We're having so much fun with this in rec.aviation.military I want to
share it hehttp://www.gstatic.com/hostedimg/8e454148ff8afb67_large

jsw

If you've seen the blue angels or thunderbirds rehearsing, this
doesn't seem so silly.

It does *look* silly, though.

Dave

Considerably cheaper and safer than doing same in Hurricanes or even Tiger
Moths for introducing formation work...

Mark Rand
RTFM