DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Visio 2000, other low-end CAD fer a laptop.... (https://www.diybanter.com/metalworking/302766-re-visio-2000-other-low-end-cad-fer-laptop.html)

Wes[_5_] May 8th 10 08:23 PM

Visio 2000, other low-end CAD fer a laptop....

Ned Simmons wrote:

On Sat, 8 May 2010 12:21:40 -0400, "Existential Angst"
wrote:

Iny opinions on Visio 2000? Anyone use it? I see there is some support
for it, from googling a bit.
Better alternatives?

Man, I need to be held.....

A friend runs Alibre on a not-to-fancy laptop. It will open (most) SW
files. I've never played with Alibre myself, but have only heard
praise for its bang for the buck.
http://www.alibre.com/store/default.aspx

IIRC, translate is no longer part of the low end 99 dollar version. That boat left the
dock last month.

I've opened a lot of fairly complex solidworks assemblies from work w/o issues using my
copy of Alibre.

Wes