Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default What casters for Vidmar fullsize cabinet [PICTURES]

On 2010-05-07, Pete Keillor wrote:
I have a couple of those, one Vidmar, one Lyon. I like the Lyon a
little better. I bolted 2x4's to the bottom of mine, and got a little
21" wide pallet jack to move stuff around.

Pete, I used a set of 6 inch hard casters (steel and phenolic) and I
could not be happier with the result. I expect to have a lot of stuff
in this cabinet, so even with these casters, it will not be easy to
move (which I do not mind). I am very excited about the heavy, ball
bearing slides.

This is the real deal and the storage capacity, and ease of access,
per square foot, is unbeatable. Similar cabinets listed at McMaster
list the storage capacity as 2,800 or 4,000 lbs and 400 lbs per
drawer. I may put wood blocks under the front to keep it completely
stationary.

Pictures are he

http://igor.chudov.com/tmp/Lyon-Cabinet/

First you see it lying in my truck with the original 2.5" casters, and
the last pictures show it in its proper place with the hard 6" casters.