Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Traub TB60 cam auto

I have been looking at this lathe, it has a 6 station turret and 4
slides. How does it work for setting the feed on the turret when
tapping and using a diehead.
The rest I can figure out with using the cams, plus what should I look
for and what questions to ask.
Ron
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2010-05-06, Ron from Oz wrote:
I have been looking at this lathe, it has a 6 station turret and 4
slides. How does it work for setting the feed on the turret when
tapping and using a diehead.

Hmm ... I'm not familiar with this lathe (it sounds like an
automatic screw machine) but with my lathe (bed turret replaces the
tailstock, and has no power feed) I do threading with Geometric die
heads, which cut to full depth with hand feed, and pretty much control
the feed once they start, and once it reaches full length of thread (the
stop on the turret stops the advance) the thread feeds the head just a
little farther and trips the dog which allows the four chasers (like the
jaws in a 4-jaw chuck) to spring outwards and the die head is withdrawn
over the still rotating workpiece.

For large diameter threaded holes (e.g. on camera extension
tubes) there are collapsing taps by Geometric which behave similarly
except inside out.

For tapping normal sized holes, the tap is in a releasing tap
holder which pulls free of a dog and allows the tap to rotate with the
workpiece until you can stop and reverse the spindle to back out of the
tapped hole.

The rest I can figure out with using the cams, plus what should I look
for and what questions to ask.

Sounds like you have an intersting toy.

Good Luck,
DoN.

--
Email: | Voice (all times): (703) 938-4564
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 7 May 2010 06:18:40 GMT, "DoN. Nichols" wrote:

On 2010-05-06, Ron from Oz wrote:
[...]

Ive got (3) Bechler A10s and (1) Bechler AR10 swiss screw machines. All
running nicely, very very good condition and available for very very
little money.

$1000 gets all 4 machines plus spares, tooling, bar feeders, manuals and
whatnot.

http://picasaweb.google.com/gunneras...79652064241154
http://picasaweb.google.com/gunnerasch/ForSale#

Located in So. California

And I really really need these gone.

Gunner

--

"First Law of Leftist Debate
homophobe approaches infinity.

the subject." Grey Ghost
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Thanks for the replys.
Ron from OZ

OT-auto A/C ? [email protected] Metalworking 29 June 27th 08 04:58 AM
Your insurance auto Leading Resource For insurance auto Information [email protected] Home Repair 0 April 13th 08 09:46 AM
Auto Shipping Auto Shipping Scheduling:car moving auto transport linkswanted Home Repair 0 February 16th 08 02:40 AM
AUTO J T Woodworking 0 November 12th 07 04:55 PM
Looking for info on Traub A15 screwmachine Wlf w Rose Metalworking 6 July 26th 04 07:12 PM