Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Froze The Last Computer

Wow, was that stupid ! I should have known better. New climate and
many wrong assumptions. There is a lot of humidity in cold weather and
super cooling of CPU's maybe neat,but mother boards don't think so.
Anyhow, my brand new computer literally froze to death at about 20
below zero.

I got the shop up and most of the machines clean and ready to go
except wiring them up. The uncle in law made a cool over head trolley
crane contraption that now I can take things apart without having to
find help. Most of my time is toward the house and only when I can't
take it anymore I resort to the shop. Man is there a lot of work to
transform a grass field into a home.

If I would have know ahead of time just how hard it has been, I might
still be in Lost Wages.

Looks like I might not get this turn of the century before last
century horizontal mill I've been eyeing up for next to nothing.
He might procrastinate enough so I can get it at scrap price. Two plus
years without being picked up. It looks heavy, the owner probably
can't find the right help and tools to move it.

SW
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Wed, 05 May 2010 20:13:45 -0500, Sunworshipper wrote:

[...]

Welcome back!! Ive not see your posts for a while, since our last phone
conversation.

Gunner

--

"First Law of Leftist Debate
homophobe approaches infinity.

the subject." Grey Ghost
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Fri, 07 May 2010 11:13:01 -0700, Gunner Asch
wrote:

[...]

Thanks, and thanks, took awhile to figure out this smaller and smaller
candy bar ISP without news server.

Just the person I need to ask an Agent 5.0 question. How do I get the
read headers and (bodies?) to be black and the other unread red. Seems
like every time I turn it off and back on some are black that I did
read and others some times dog eared pages in front, and others I know
I read are back to red. No big deal if it's too hard to explain.

Sure is a lot better than oodle's where I can't tell who's talking to
whom and missing the fighting over the new Pres.and all. I think he
was just elected and crash. Probably better off, I had lots to do.

Oh, yeah. Read the stuff on the oil well. Why can't the pipe be
crimped, too brittle and will split? If so why not unscrew 90% of a
mile off and thread an open valve on. I would think it would be better
to try welding up a heavy duty robotic thing they use to add and
remove pipe. Have it clamp onto the pipe unscrew the bad, turret the
valve and thread it on, then close it. Too much vibration? Hey, had a
step dad who was a VP of an oil company, just curious. Better yet, an
axially hinged cannon with grips instead of rifling and a sharp
explosive driven breech !

I guess the best yet up here is being jolted awake on the water bed at
1:00 am from the vibration and sound of frost quakes, it's like a
locomotive being dropped about 100' from the house.

Take care.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

Better yet, an
axially hinged cannon with grips instead of rifling and a sharp
explosive driven breech !

NO, it would have to be slow. Forgot about water hammer effect.

SW