Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Miller Dynasty DX

I ran across a naked Dynasty DX built about 1998 based on the serial
number. The owner is asking $1000 for the machine alone, but can sell
a WP17 torch and regulator for an additional $100. No foot pedal.
That I'd have to find on my own along with an argon tank. Is the
price fair for a 12 year old machine? I've never owned a TIG machine
before, nor an inverter welder. What to look out for?

RWL
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2010-05-06, GeoLane at PTD dot NET GeoLane wrote:
I ran across a naked Dynasty DX built about 1998 based on the serial
number. The owner is asking $1000 for the machine alone, but can sell
a WP17 torch and regulator for an additional $100. No foot pedal.
That I'd have to find on my own along with an argon tank. Is the
price fair for a 12 year old machine? I've never owned a TIG machine
before, nor an inverter welder. What to look out for?

Which Dynasty, 200dx?

Are you completely sure that it works?

Pedals are easy to find or make from other connector pedals.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Wed, 05 May 2010 20:31:05 -0500, Ignoramus22564

On 2010-05-06, GeoLane at PTD dot NET GeoLane wrote:
I ran across a naked Dynasty DX built about 1998 based on the serial
number. The owner is asking $1000 for the machine alone, but can sell
a WP17 torch and regulator for an additional $100. No foot pedal.
That I'd have to find on my own along with an argon tank. Is the
price fair for a 12 year old machine? I've never owned a TIG machine
before, nor an inverter welder. What to look out for?

Which Dynasty, 200dx?

Ooops. It's a 300. It's, bigger than the usual 200s that I see for
sale used occasionally. Hard to know how to price it when it's so old
it has knobs instead of push buttons for the adjustments and doesn't
come with the accessories that you need to make it work.

Are you completely sure that it works?

I sent the seller and email this evening with that question along with
any information on how many hours are on the meter (if it has a meter)
and its provenance.

Pedals are easy to find or make from other connector pedals.

What price?

RWL
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

On 2010-05-06, GeoLane at PTD dot NET GeoLane wrote:
[...]

I would be kind of careful with this electronic welder.

Hours can be somewhat ascertained by looking at fan blades to see how
clean they are and how worn are the buttons.

Pedals are easy to find or make from other connector pedals.

What price?

I have older Miller pedals, about 7 or so. RFC-23A or
something. $50 apiece.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Wed, 05 May 2010 22:30:49 -0500, Ignoramus22564
wrote:

Pedals are easy to find or make from other connector pedals.

What price?

I have older Miller pedals, about 7 or so. RFC-23A or
something. $50 apiece.

Thanks Iggy. I'll keep that in mind.

RWL