Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Paranoia, patent attorneys, more paranoia, claim writing, still more paranoia....

On Tue, 4 May 2010 11:12:26 -0400, "Existential Angst"
wrote:

Awl --

Has anyone ever written the claims part of a patent?

I actually studied this for a couple of afternoons at the 34th St. Science
and technology library in NYC/Manhattan, which is a patent repository -- via
microfiche at the time, a real effing pita -- proly all pyooterized now.

They had books on claim writing for lawyers, and goddamm, it was fairly
incomprehensible.
Plus, I studied patents and re-submitted patents, with adjusted claims, and
goddamm, STILL incomprehensible.

The whole of a patent is little more than a high-school level report, save
for the claims.
Interestingly, the strategy of an "effective" patent is to reveal as little
as possible, while protecting as much as possible, two ends that are
somewhat at odds.

Iny insight into the nature of claim writing??

Find a MPEP and study the stuff around 806.05(c) Criteria of
Distinctness for Combination, Subcomination, or Element of a
Combination.

That and a book, patent it yourself.

2 pro se

Oh, loved the leaf blower rant, reminded me of how I use to feel in
the big city.