Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default OT Just more stuff quoted , no original thought. Michelle Obamato try teabagging herself as a Mother's Day treat to herself

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote in message
On May 3, 10:57 pm, "Wok Dissuade" wrote:

Just plonk him, Dan. There is no content, and plonking him cleans up the
board considerably.

'Same goes for The Whole Earth Catalog, or whatever that freak calls
himself.

--
Ed Huntress

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Ed Huntress" wrote:

wrote in message
On May 3, 10:57 pm, "Wok Dissuade" wrote:

Just plonk him, Dan. There is no content, and plonking him cleans up the
board considerably.

'Same goes for The Whole Earth Catalog, or whatever that freak calls
himself.

Seems like we have had a recent invasion. I hope there isn't an upper limit on kill
filters in agent.

Wes
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Wes" wrote in message
"Ed Huntress" wrote:

wrote in message
On May 3, 10:57 pm, "Wok Dissuade" wrote:

Just plonk him, Dan. There is no content, and plonking him cleans up the
board considerably.

'Same goes for The Whole Earth Catalog, or whatever that freak calls
himself.

Seems like we have had a recent invasion. I hope there isn't an upper
limit on kill
filters in agent.

Wes

Cliff is their excuse. But that makes no sense, because we have no control
over Cliff.

They're just low-lifes who assert themselves by making things unpleasant for
other people. They probably have no other life.

--
Ed Huntress

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Ed Huntress" wrote:

Seems like we have had a recent invasion. I hope there isn't an upper
limit on kill
filters in agent.

Wes

Cliff is their excuse. But that makes no sense, because we have no control
over Cliff.

I hope Cliff isn't 40 and healthy. There is a life timeline event I'll admit to be
looking forward to. I hope Cliff gets there before we do. I won't wish him an early
death but I really hope he is 80 something.

They're just low-lifes who assert themselves by making things unpleasant for
other people. They probably have no other life.

Likely so. I wonder what it is about this group that attracts so many vandals? Is it
Cliffs work?

I'd like to be able to just see the core group of people I agree and disagree with that
have some common bond around metalworking. Oh well, I'll keep filtering, it improves the
view.

Wes

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote in message
On May 3, 10:57 pm, "Wok Dissuade" wrote:

http://www.chicagobreakingnews.com/2...thers-day.html

First lady plans tea to mark Mother's Day
May 3, 2010 1:43 PM | No Comments
WASHINGTON -- First lady Michelle Obama will mark Mother's Day and celebrate
notable grandmothers, mothers and daughters at a White House tea on Friday.

Guests will include former first lady Rosalynn Carter and her granddaughter,
Sarah Carter; Tricia Nixon Cox, the daughter of President Richard Nixon; and
Susan and Anne Eisenhower, the granddaughters of President Dwight D.
Eisenhower, according to the White House Press Office.

Also on hand: the mothers and spouses of members of the military and the
girls who take part in Obama's White House mentoring program.

No word on whether Obama's daughters, Malia and Sasha, or their live-in
grandmother, Marian Robinson, will drop in.

http://www.chicagobreakingnews.com/2...thers-day.html

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Wes" wrote in message
"Ed Huntress" wrote:

Seems like we have had a recent invasion. I hope there isn't an upper
limit on kill
filters in agent.

Wes

Cliff is their excuse. But that makes no sense, because we have no control
over Cliff.

I hope Cliff isn't 40 and healthy. There is a life timeline event I'll
admit to be
looking forward to. I hope Cliff gets there before we do. I won't wish
him an early
death but I really hope he is 80 something.

They're just low-lifes who assert themselves by making things unpleasant
for
other people. They probably have no other life.

Likely so. I wonder what it is about this group that attracts so many
vandals? Is it
Cliffs work?

It started many years ago with Gunner, cross-posting to misc.survivalism and
one or two others. Cliff picked up the baton and added additional nutbag
sites.

The jerks in here now are mostly from misc.survivalism.

I'd like to be able to just see the core group of people I agree and
disagree with that
have some common bond around metalworking. Oh well, I'll keep filtering,
it improves the
view.

You could encourage RCM folks to ignore them. But Larry has been trying that
for years. g

--
Ed Huntress

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On May 4, 9:24*pm, "Ed Huntress" wrote:

It started many years ago with Gunner, cross-posting to misc.survivalism and
one or two others. Cliff picked up the baton and added additional nutbag
sites.

The jerks in here now are mostly from misc.survivalism.

You could encourage RCM folks to ignore them. But Larry has been trying that
for years. g

--
Ed Huntress

I actually think that Ed, John, and George are part of the reason so
much junk is posted on RCM. They post reasoned messages backed with
actual facts. And the jerks believe that they will look intelligent
if they post in the same newgroup .

Dan

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Ed Huntress wrote:

Cliff is their excuse. But that makes no sense, because we have no control
over Cliff.

They're just low-lifes who assert themselves by making things unpleasant for
other people. They probably have no other life.

Sounds like the Cliffbot cloned itself.

David
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Ed Huntress" wrote in message

"Wes" wrote in message
"Ed Huntress" wrote:

[...]

The jerks are from right here in rec.crafts.metalworking

I'd like to be able to just see the core group of people I agree and
disagree with that
have some common bond around metalworking. Oh well, I'll keep
filtering, it improves the
view.

You could encourage RCM folks to ignore them. But Larry has been trying
that for years. g

--
Ed Huntress

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"David R.Birch" wrote in message
Ed Huntress wrote:

Cliff is their excuse. But that makes no sense, because we have no
control over Cliff.

They're just low-lifes who assert themselves by making things unpleasant
for other people. They probably have no other life.

Sounds like the Cliffbot cloned itself.

David

Apparently has self-appointed himself netcop of this group.
Maybe he needs some netcopping friends invited to join him here at
rec.crafts.metalworking
Then we'll see if he's really the king here, or if he only thought it was
his job to censor posts he doesn't like.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Did somebody just fart?

--
John R. Carroll

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

This statement is precisely accurate.

It started many years ago with Gunner, cross-posting to misc.survivalism
and one or two others. Cliff picked up the baton and added additional
nutbag sites.

A number of years ago a fella with hidden agendas showed up in RCM because
he thought he could hustle some money selling machine parts.

He began spewing his demented, zealot, cheerleader/puppet political
remarks, and furiously attacking others that challenged his word.

Remember when a few started to object, and some said not to worry, that the
political crap would end after the election?
Well it's been over 9 years, and notice how the crap went away.

The problem is, this was tolerated, contributing to the massive decline.

And every-so-often he would mention that he'd actually done some
metalworking, but his main focus is parroting political crap.

The deterioration expanded as similar maniacal political fanatics were drawn
into RCM from various crossposted kook/politics newsgroups.

Numerous regular participants were foolishly gullible enough to allow his
mis-guided, demented views to be posted in RCM, without speaking out,
thinking that the situation would improve.
His alliances with other fanatics, also with no real interest in
metalworking, began
crossposting to RCM to pursue their own agendas.

Folks in RCM began to notice the erosion of the quality of the newsgroup,
and many just quit participating. There are numerous other forums where
ranting finatics aren't tolerated.
Countless other newcomers have seen the result of the detrimental changes,
and have had no interest in seeing a bunch of poser/wannabe badasses
competing in the daily juvenile insult exchanges, and wisely decided to move
on instead of tolerating them.

The lack of fresh participants, who are actually interested in metalworking,
has led to
further decline.

Gummer continually presents himself as "everybody's stupid but me", and
it's his calling to set everyone else straight.

Anyone that doesn't fall at his feet are enemies of the state, and deserve
to be wiped out in his delusional cull.

--
WB

"Ed Huntress" wrote in message

It started many years ago with Gunner, cross-posting to misc.survivalism
and one or two others. Cliff picked up the baton and added additional
nutbag sites.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Not dialog..

just misguided views about some people/persons you know nothing about, and
those people aren't of any interest regarding metalworking.

It doesn't appear that you've ever cut a piece of metal

--
WB

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

It seems that some folks aren't realizing that the kook/zealots believe they
are the reasonable voice.

Give it up, stick with metalworking.

--
WB

wrote in message

I actually think that Ed, John, and George are part of the reason so
much junk is posted on RCM. They post reasoned messages backed with
actual facts. And the jerks believe that they will look intelligent
if they post in the same newgroup .

Dan

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Wed, 5 May 2010 07:06:59 -0400, "Wild_Bill"
wrote:

[...]

You forgot to mention that it wasn't mere tolerance of gummer's crap
that ruined this newsgroup, it was active support. Lots of people
complained, but each post from one of them was met with several from
gummer's disciples. They *wanted* the group to become another safe
haven for rightards. Some of them are even willing to overlook
deadbeatitis, outrageous hypocrisy, and bald-faced lying in order to
keep the crap flowing.

Wayne
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

This statement is precisely accurate.

It started many years ago with Gunner, cross-posting to misc.survivalism
and one or two others. Cliff picked up the baton and added additional
nutbag sites.

Actually old boy....Clitt was here before I was. Shrug.

A number of years ago a fella with hidden agendas showed up in RCM because
he thought he could hustle some money selling machine parts.

So what did happen to Al Babin anyways?

[...]

****es you off that you are proven so aptly to actually Be stupid,
doesnt it? But...shrug..thats pretty much the mantra you Leftwingers
have been playing over and over again for the past 50 yrs. And after
getting your boy in the Whitehouse and getting control of Congress
nearly 3 yrs ago...you stupid *******s ****ed the country rather well
and good, havent you?

During the Great Depression of the 30s, the unemployment rates reached
35%. But 58% of the population lived on farms, so most folks could at
least eat. During the Great Depression Part Deux, the unemplyment rates
have reached nearly 50% in some areas, 32% in others....yet only 11% of
the population now lives on farms. That makes it the governments job to
make sure most folks eat. Thats called Collectivism or Socialism.
Something you ****wads have been trying to get in place for years.

Which simply demonstrates exactly what your brand of mindless
buffoonery will give any nation that tries it. Your friends in the
Soviet Union found that out nearly 20 yrs ago..yet you Stupid *******s,
once again want to try it...once again.
Only the mentally ill will do the same thing time and time again and
expect different results each time. And of course..the Stupid.
Such as yourself. Shrug.

Anyone that doesn't fall at his feet are enemies of the state, and deserve
to be wiped out in his delusional cull.

Nope. Just radical Leftwing extremist fringe kooks who are going to be
killed. The People are rather tired of them. Oh..and Klanners and such
will also be killed, along with gang bangers, Bloods and Crips..the
usual trash

Shrug..and all the while it is happening, Ill be sitting on my front
porch, playing happy riffs on my banjo while listening to the rising
body count over the radio.

So Bill, have you decided to stay and die? Or are you moving to Canada
or some place? I understand the climate in Cuba is pretty good. Need a
cane knife? Id be happy to send you one before you leave. They are
really big on cutting sugar cane down there......

Now Bill, was there something metalworking you wished to write, or are
you haveing either A. a hangover, or B, a pyschotic episode and simply
had to show everyone here exactly how stupid you can actually be?

Shrug.

Im going to do exactly what you Could have done if you had 2 brain cells
firing in order. Im putting you in the Bozo Bin, no time limit, forever.
Because frankly..communicating with you tends to make my skin crawl. I
get that way whenever I discover Im talking to a man who only has a few
short years and a terrible terrible demise facing him.

Adious Bill, use your remaining time well.

plink

Gunner Asch

--

"First Law of Leftist Debate
homophobe approaches infinity.

the subject." Grey Ghost

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Tue, 4 May 2010 18:51:04 -0700 (PDT), "
wrote:

On May 4, 9:24*pm, "Ed Huntress" wrote:

It started many years ago with Gunner, cross-posting to misc.survivalism and
one or two others. Cliff picked up the baton and added additional nutbag
sites.

The jerks in here now are mostly from misc.survivalism.

You could encourage RCM folks to ignore them. But Larry has been trying that
for years. g
--
Ed Huntress

I actually think that Ed, John, and George are part of the reason so
much junk is posted on RCM. They post reasoned messages backed with
actual facts. And the jerks believe that they will look intelligent
if they post in the same newgroup .

Dan

==========
It may be that too many messsages are being cross-posted. I
try to remember to check the distro list and prune to
rcm/amc. Just this small change seems to greatly reduce the
static/background noise.

--

-- Unka George (George McDuffee)
The past is a foreign country;
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

[...]

Nonsense. In 1930, 24.8% lived on farms...

http://www2.census.gov/prod2/statcom...ts/1935-01.pdf

In 1935, it was 25.0%:

http://www2.census.gov/prod2/statcom...ts/1940-07.pdf

During the Great Depression Part Deux, the unemplyment rates
have reached nearly 50% in some areas, 32% in others....yet only 11% of
the population now lives on farms.

It's roughly 2%. Sheesh.

That makes it the governments job to
make sure most folks eat. Thats called Collectivism or Socialism.

It's called welfare. But it isn't what's happening, anyway. The
employment-population ratio in March was 58.6%

http://www.bls.gov/news.release/empsit.a.htm

-- higher than it was in any year between 1940 and 1978, and the same as it
was in the mid-80s, when Ronnie Reagan was riding high:

ftp://ftp.bls.gov/pub/special.reques...df/cpsaat1.pdf

Something you ****wads have been trying to get in place for years.

Which simply demonstrates exactly what your brand of mindless
buffoonery will give any nation that tries it.

Gunner, your head is so full of infectuous mush and phony statistics that
it's a wonder your brains haven't been declared toxic waste.

snip more of the same, only worse

--
Ed Huntress

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

During the Great Depression of the 30s, the unemployment rates
reached 35%. But 58% of the population lived on farms, so most
folks could at least eat.

Nonsense. In 1930, 24.8% lived on farms...

http://www2.census.gov/prod2/statcom...ts/1935-01.pdf

Perhaps he meant the 1830's?
LOL

Gunner ought to change his nym to "Jackass P.E." too match his intellect.
He's even unable, apparently, to put together his reliance on the sale of
clapped out and obsolete used equipment with his failing customer's and
poverty stricken life. One look at his "inventory" is all anyone in business
needs when it comes to what not to do and how not to do it in the
manufacturing world. This is known positioning yourself, and your customer
base, for failure.

--
John R. Carroll

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"John R. Carroll" wrote in message
Did somebody just fart?

Remind you of your mommy?

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Wok Dissuade wrote:
"John R. Carroll" wrote in message
Did somebody just fart?

Remind you of your mommy?

No.
Saigon pussy older than about 16.

--
John R. Carroll

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Wild_Bill" wrote in message
Not dialog..

just misguided views about some people/persons you know nothing about, and
those people aren't of any interest regarding metalworking.

It doesn't appear that you've ever cut a piece of metal

No, it is dialog. I didn't stumble into this group by accident, I was
invited here on engraved invitations by your members. Cliff, TMT, etc.

I would never had known of this group if not for them. TMT gave me the best
reason to come here...

I noticed him posting into m.s. but occasionally he would include this group
in his crossposts with an "OT:" designation in the subject.

When I asked him about it, he said he did it out of respect for this group
that he enjoys. That was all I needed to know, and started forwarding his
messages back here.

Over time I discovered that other hacks like Cliff, Hack, and others also
like to spam m.s.

I came in here and tried top find support for r.c.m. to keep their trolls on
a shorter leash, but it wasn't important and perhaps found to be humorous.
Now I get to laugh, you see?

Dan, is quick to try to deny me my freedom to express
myself, but I haven't seen any effort by him to try to censor Cliff or the
others who brought this upon this group.

So I'm digging in, I rather like it here, and I'm going to stay a while and
invite as many people as I can to come meet you guys, a swell bunch of
fellows.

And by the way, this morning I cut about and inch off of a long drywall
screw in my vise, with a hacksaw blade. It wasn't the best approach and I
found it easier to just break it to the length I needed with a pair of
pliers.

Yeah, I'm gonna like it here, now that I get to laugh last.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Wok Dissuade wrote:
"John R. Carroll" wrote in message
Did somebody just fart?

Remind you of your mommy?

No.
Saigon pussy older than about 16.

--
John R. Carroll

So that's what you call it. Live and learn. It still smells like ****.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Wok Dissuade" wrote in message

wrote in message
[...]

Wasn't this the grandmother that was to be shipped back to Kenya? Maybe I
have her confused with a different grandmother. There are so many.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

And it's all you.
LOL

--