DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Sometimes you feel like a nut .......... (https://www.diybanter.com/metalworking/302497-re-sometimes-you-feel-like-nut.html)

Bob Engelhardt May 3rd 10 09:51 PM

Sometimes you feel like a nut ..........

Steve B wrote:
A few days ago, I almost made a big boner while taking off the blade to my
Skil M77. For some reason, they put the threads on backwards. ( I know
why, so the torque tightens the bolt.) ...

A coupla' years ago, it finally dawned on me how they work (after, what,
30 years of confusion). The bolt loosens in the same direction that
the blade turns. IOW, the teeth point in the direction to loosen.
Almost as useful as the right hand rule.

Bob