Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default OT hand grip differences

On Fri, 30 Apr 2010 22:35:11 -0700, Gunner Asch
wrote:

Makes shooting things like the .357 and .45 ACP simply pointing and
shooting. Makes shooting the 44 Mag a dream.

I do some point 'n shoot rapid fire drill with my Colt Officer's
compact .45ACP whenever I bring it to the range. It's a lot of fun. If
it's been awhile then it takes me a mag or two to get it back. Start
slow, maybe one round per second for first mag. Shot placement is
always job 1. By third mag I can shoot to slidelock in well under 3
seconds with all hits well within COM. Firm grip and stiff recoil
control are essential to rapid return-on-target, particularly so with
point 'n shoot where sights aren't used. Unlike slow-fire target
shooting, my stance is perpendicular to the direction of fire in a
forward-leaning crouch, my arms fully extended with elbows locked.
That may sound implausible, but it's how I was trained and it works
fer me.

I recently learned that the indoor range I frequent has a range rule
against rapid fire. Oy didn't know that! I received my training in
that technique at that range. I've been practicing it for a couple of
years and the rangemistress has never jiggled my chain about it. I
think Theresa pays attention to her range and she knows I don't shoot
out the lights, ding the ceiling or bust up the target hangers. I just
make a growing void in COM or face on my silhouette.

Snow's long gone, I'm now shooting outdoors until November. YAY! I do
have a gunsmoke luncheon on Monday, probably the last such meeting
until next fall.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sun, 02 May 2010 00:25:07 -0500, Don Foreman
wrote:

By third mag I can shoot to slidelock in well under 3
seconds with all hits well within COM.

Typically..I did 8 in .9ish seconds. Then I had the stroke.

Sigh.....

Im working on getting the new 1.35 ish.... back down a bit.

Getting old sucks

Gunner

"First Law of Leftist Debate
homophobe approaches infinity.