DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Who sells railing components in MN (https://www.diybanter.com/metalworking/302358-who-sells-railing-components-mn.html)

Up North[_2_] April 30th 10 08:26 PM

Who sells railing components in MN

Does anyone stock and sell items for building handrails like prepunched 1
1/2" channel and handrail cap anywhere in Minnesota or North Dakota? I used
to buy it from Garelick Steel in Mpls. but they no longer stock decorative
iron items.

--
Steve

Pete C. April 30th 10 09:03 PM

Up North wrote:

Does anyone stock and sell items for building handrails like prepunched 1
1/2" channel and handrail cap anywhere in Minnesota or North Dakota? I used
to buy it from Garelick Steel in Mpls. but they no longer stock decorative
iron items.

--
Steve

Perhaps http://www.kingmetals.com

Not specifically in that area, but nationwide.

Karl Townsend April 30th 10 09:44 PM

"Up North" wrote in message
Does anyone stock and sell items for building handrails like prepunched 1
1/2" channel and handrail cap anywhere in Minnesota or North Dakota? I
used to buy it from Garelick Steel in Mpls. but they no longer stock
decorative iron items.

Garelick was my favorite stop for many many years. I used to bring a dump
truck load of prepared scrap in, then scrounge the drops for 1/2 a truck
load to take back. I'd show the old fella there my money was green and he'd
always cut me a real good deal.

Then they went to a weight and receipt system. Go inside and pay your bill.
So, I moved over to Twin City Steel or Discount Steel. They can get anything
1.800.522.5950

Karl

Up North[_2_] May 1st 10 01:03 AM

Who sells railing components in MN

"Pete C." wrote in message
ter.com...

Up North wrote:

Does anyone stock and sell items for building handrails like prepunched 1
1/2" channel and handrail cap anywhere in Minnesota or North Dakota? I
used
to buy it from Garelick Steel in Mpls. but they no longer stock
decorative
iron items.

--
Steve

Perhaps http://www.kingmetals.com

Not specifically in that area, but nationwide.

I have their catalog. They ship from either L.A., Dallas or Baltimore. Truck
freight for the 250.00 worth of materials is going to run 130.00. I have
been thinking of stocking some materials but railings just aren't real hot
sellers these days.
Steve

Joe May 4th 10 02:02 PM

Who sells railing components in MN

On Fri, 30 Apr 2010 14:26:11 -0500, "Up North"
wrote:

Does anyone stock and sell items for building handrails like prepunched 1
1/2" channel and handrail cap anywhere in Minnesota or North Dakota? I used
to buy it from Garelick Steel in Mpls. but they no longer stock decorative
iron items.

There's also Architectural Iron:
http://www.archirondesign.com/
NJ, but they ship all over - don't know what freight costs are.
Their stuff shore is purty.

Joe