DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Auction Report (https://www.diybanter.com/metalworking/302346-auction-report.html)

Jim Chandler April 30th 10 07:57 PM

Auction Report

I went over to the auction that I reported earlier in the week. I
went after everything was gone but I found out that the machines went
for less than $1200. In fact, the guy that bought the Concord Engine
Lathe said that was what he paid for it. Makes me wish I had some
money. Of course, I probably wouldn't know what to do with it anyway.
:-)

Jim

Bob Engelhardt April 30th 10 10:12 PM

Auction Report

Jim Chandler wrote:
... $1200. In fact, the guy that bought the Concord Engine
Lathe said that was what he paid for it. ...

I suppose that he meant $1200 before the 10% fee. Makes a difference on
a $1200 item.

I wonder if they have auctions like that around here (NE MA)? And, if
so, how one finds out about them.

But it doesn't really matter, cause I don't have room for anything else,
Bob

Jim Chandler April 30th 10 10:36 PM

Auction Report

On Fri, 30 Apr 2010 17:12:42 -0400, Bob Engelhardt
wrote:

Jim Chandler wrote:
... $1200. In fact, the guy that bought the Concord Engine
Lathe said that was what he paid for it. ...

I suppose that he meant $1200 before the 10% fee. Makes a difference on
a $1200 item.

I wonder if they have auctions like that around here (NE MA)? And, if
so, how one finds out about them.

But it doesn't really matter, cause I don't have room for anything else,
Bob

That's still only $1320 for an engine lathe. Check to see if there
are in auction houses in your area and ask to get on their mailing
list. They may also have websites. Just search "auctions" for your
area.

Jim