DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Washington Surplus selling complete metal melting set up. (https://www.diybanter.com/metalworking/302295-washington-surplus-selling-complete-metal-melting-set-up.html)

[email protected] April 29th 10 07:32 PM

Washington Surplus selling complete metal melting set up.

Not being a metal melter, this auction setup appears to be a complete
foundry set up. Hope the link works: http://www.publicsurplus.com/sms/sta...iew?auc=433786.

Probably not for anyone that would have to ship the stuff.

Paul

Bob Engelhardt April 29th 10 10:00 PM

wrote:
Not being a metal melter, this auction setup appears to be a complete
foundry set up. Hope the link works:
http://www.publicsurplus.com/sms/sta...iew?auc=433786.

Probably not for anyone that would have to ship the stuff.

Paul

Looks like a nice setup. Natural gas, I would guess. Anybody know what
all those rods are in pic 8?

Bob

Dave__67 April 29th 10 10:48 PM

On Apr 29, 5:00*pm, Bob Engelhardt wrote:
wrote:
Not being a metal melter, this auction setup appears to be a complete
foundry set up. Hope the link works:http://www.publicsurplus.com/sms/sta...iew?auc=433786.

Probably not for anyone that would have to ship the stuff.

Paul

Looks like a nice setup. *Natural gas, I would guess. *Anybody know what
all those rods are in pic 8?

Bob

Sealed tins of welding rod, looks like.

(one not-so-sealed)

Dave

Larry Jaques[_2_] April 30th 10 02:44 PM

Washington Surplus selling complete metal melting set up.

On Thu, 29 Apr 2010 17:00:25 -0400, the infamous Bob Engelhardt
scrawled the following:

wrote:
Not being a metal melter, this auction setup appears to be a complete
foundry set up. Hope the link works: http://www.publicsurplus.com/sms/sta...iew?auc=433786.

Probably not for anyone that would have to ship the stuff.

Paul

Looks like a nice setup. Natural gas, I would guess.

Yeah, NG or propane. But 8.2 amps for the controller?!?

http://www.mifco.com/hsmelter.htm Found 'em!

Anybody know what all those rods are in pic 8?

Looking at the rods and packaging in image 2, I'll WAG that they're
flux-coated pure metals for alloying.

--
Losing faith in humanity, one person at a time.

Snag[_3_] April 30th 10 04:43 PM

wrote:
Not being a metal melter, this auction setup appears to be a
complete
foundry set up. Hope the link works:
http://www.publicsurplus.com/sms/sta...iew?auc=433786.

Probably not for anyone that would have to ship the stuff.

Paul

Looks like a nice setup. Natural gas, I would guess.

Yeah, NG or propane. But 8.2 amps for the controller?!?

That 8.2 amps is probably mostly the blower motor .

--
Snag
"90 FLHTCU "Strider"

Gunner Asch[_6_] May 1st 10 07:07 AM

Washington Surplus selling complete metal melting set up.

On Thu, 29 Apr 2010 11:32:45 -0700 (PDT), "
wrote:

Not being a metal melter, this auction setup appears to be a complete
foundry set up. Hope the link works: http://www.publicsurplus.com/sms/sta...iew?auc=433786.

Probably not for anyone that would have to ship the stuff.

Paul

NICE!!!! Thats a complete setup!!!!

Gunner

"First Law of Leftist Debate