Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Finally a gloat for me

Gunner Asch on Sun, 02 May 2010 23:20:52 -0700
On Mon, 03 May 2010 00:28:01 -0400, "Michael A. Terrell"
wrote:

Gunner Asch wrote:

On Sun, 02 May 2010 19:16:45 -0700, pyotr filipivich
wrote:

Gunner Asch on Sat, 01 May 2010 22:34:10 -0700
On 02 May 2010 04:47:34 GMT, "RAM³" wrote:

Gunner Asch wrote in
:

No matter. Ill fix it when I find out how.

Open the file containing your sig in "edit" mode.

Insert hyphenhyphenspacecarriage return/enter as the first line of
the file.

(Re)Save the file.

Ok, and this does what to my sig?

Marks it as "not part of the message" so that followups don't
include it.

Gunner

Insert hyphenhyphenspaceLF/CR
"First Law of Leftist Debate
homophobe approaches infinity.

the subject." Grey Ghost

If there had been an actual hyphenhyphenspaceLF/CR above,
all the text 'south' of it would not have been included.

This does cause some problem with top posters, who end their post
with that double dash. When you reply, all one sees is what they
posted, not what they were responding to.
-
pyotr filipivich
It's eight fifty eight. Close enough!

Ok, this one should have the mechanism.

Gunner

--

"First Law of Leftist Debate
homophobe approaches infinity.

the subject." Grey Ghost

No, you have a leading space. It should be like this:

Ok. removed the leading space

Gunner

Yep. that worked. (ain' this fun?)
-
pyotr filipivich
It's eight fifty eight. Close enough!
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2010-05-03, Gunner Asch wrote:
On Mon, 03 May 2010 00:28:01 -0400, "Michael A. Terrell"
wrote:

[ ... ]

No, you have a leading space. It should be like this:

Ok. removed the leading space

Gunner

--

"First Law of Leftist Debate

You also removed the trailing space which *must* be there. It
*must* be dashdashspaceEOL

where EOL is Carriage-return,line-feed on Windows boxen, and just
line-feed for unix systems (including linux and Mac OS-X). The old
MacOS (9 and earlier) used only Carriage-Return.

Enjoy,
DoN.

--
Email: | Voice (all times): (703) 938-4564
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2010-05-03, Gunner Asch wrote:
On Mon, 03 May 2010 00:28:01 -0400, "Michael A. Terrell"
wrote:

[ ... ]

No, you have a leading space. It should be like this:

Ok. removed the leading space

Gunner

--

"First Law of Leftist Debate

You also removed the trailing space which *must* be there. It
*must* be dashdashspaceEOL

where EOL is Carriage-return,line-feed on Windows boxen, and just
line-feed for unix systems (including linux and Mac OS-X). The old
MacOS (9 and earlier) used only Carriage-Return.

Enjoy,
DoN.

Ok. Im running Agent on a Linux box...chuckle

Mint Linux in fact.

Gunner

--

"First Law of Leftist Debate
homophobe approaches infinity.

the subject." Grey Ghost
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Bob Engelhardt wrote in news:hrncc902l32
@news4.newsguy.com:

RAM³ wrote:
==
"By George, I think he's got it!" - Professor 'Enry 'Iggins

Now, "Steve B". Hopefully Gunner has set a good example. Bob

Here's hoping!

--
Bob
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Mon, 03 May 2010 09:49:17 -0400, the infamous Pete Snell
scrawled the following:

Larry Jaques wrote:

I intentionally omit the space so I can see when my sig gets stale. If
you know of any automatic sig changer for Agent, I'll install it so
you don't have to put up with my persistent sigs. I haven't seen one.

--
Courage is the power to let go of the familiar.
-- Raymond Lindquist

Have you seen this one Larry?

http://vons.free.fr/tools/VSigGen-manual.html

I'm not familiar with Agent. Does it read a text file to get the sig?
If so this might work.

It has an internal storage for sigs. I don't know how to export or
import them, unfortunately. Thanks anyway.

--
Courage is the power to let go of the familiar.
-- Raymond Lindquist

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Mon, 3 May 2010 10:28:45 -0700, "Steve B"
wrote the following:

Larry Jaques wrote:

I intentionally omit the space so I can see when my sig gets stale. If
you know of any automatic sig changer for Agent, I'll install it so
you don't have to put up with my persistent sigs. I haven't seen one.

I can live with sigs. What is annoying is "someone scrawled, what's that
lassie, or let it be announced that someone spewed" and other crap at the
beginning of reposts.

OK, "scrawled" is gone. I was tired of it anyway. Yeah, I'd like to
shoot Lassie right about now, too.

--
Courage is the power to let go of the familiar.
-- Raymond Lindquist
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Mon, 03 May 2010 16:40:45 -0400, Bob Engelhardt
wrote the following:

RAM³ wrote:
==
"By George, I think he's got it!" - Professor 'Enry 'Iggins

Now, "Steve B". Hopefully Gunner has set a good example. Bob

How will I know? His new email addy fell victim to my newly reengaged
Gmail filter. sigh

--
Courage is the power to let go of the familiar.
-- Raymond Lindquist
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Mon, 03 May 2010 17:59:34 -0700, Larry Jaques
wrote:

On Mon, 03 May 2010 16:40:45 -0400, Bob Engelhardt
wrote the following:

RAM³ wrote:
==
"By George, I think he's got it!" - Professor 'Enry 'Iggins

Now, "Steve B". Hopefully Gunner has set a good example. Bob

How will I know? His new email addy fell victim to my newly reengaged
Gmail filter. sigh

No "exceptions" in your filters?

I can change it to gunnerasch AT hotmail dot com if you would like.

I have several...shrug

Gunner

--

"First Law of Leftist Debate
homophobe approaches infinity.

the subject." Grey Ghost
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Gunner Asch wrote:

On Mon, 03 May 2010 10:21:29 -0400, "Michael A. Terrell"
wrote:

Gunner Asch wrote:

Ok. removed the leading space

Good. Now add a space after the two dashes.

Ok, just did that.

Good man!

have a DD214, and a honorable discharge.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Larry Jaques wrote:

I intentionally omit the space so I can see when my sig gets stale. If
you know of any automatic sig changer for Agent, I'll install it so
you don't have to put up with my persistent sigs. I haven't seen one.

--
Courage is the power to let go of the familiar.
-- Raymond Lindquist

Have you seen this one Larry?

http://vons.free.fr/tools/VSigGen-manual.html

I'm not familiar with Agent. Does it read a text file to get the sig?
If so this might work.

It has an internal storage for sigs. I don't know how to export or
import them, unfortunately. Thanks anyway.

look in the Signatures section of the agent.ini file. In my geek programming
days, I might have written a script to automatically hack it. I've got a life
these days though.

I guess if Gunner is using properly formatted sigs, I should start doing it
after 20 years of not bothering...

Mark Rand
RTFM (just not yet

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Larry Jaques wrote:

I intentionally omit the space so I can see when my sig gets stale. If
you know of any automatic sig changer for Agent, I'll install it so
you don't have to put up with my persistent sigs. I haven't seen one.

--
Courage is the power to let go of the familiar.
-- Raymond Lindquist

Have you seen this one Larry?

http://vons.free.fr/tools/VSigGen-manual.html

I'm not familiar with Agent. Does it read a text file to get the sig?
If so this might work.

It has an internal storage for sigs. I don't know how to export or
import them, unfortunately. Thanks anyway.

look in the Signatures section of the agent.ini file. In my geek programming
days, I might have written a script to automatically hack it. I've got a life
these days though.

Ain't no such aminal. Maybe the .ini stopped with the last beta,
version 0.93. I can't find anything in any of the Agent dirs which
relates, so it must be hidden in the DBs somewhere. Only Agent itself
can access those (easily) and I'm certainly not going to try to hack a
Good Thing(tm).

I guess if Gunner is using properly formatted sigs, I should start doing it
after 20 years of not bothering...

Oh, suuuuuure...

--
All national institutions of churches, whether Jewish, Christian,
or Turkish, appear to me no other than human inventions, set up
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Tue, 04 May 2010 21:21:08 -0700, Larry Jaques
wrote:

look in the Signatures section of the agent.ini file. In my geek programming
days, I might have written a script to automatically hack it. I've got a life
these days though.

Ain't no such aminal. Maybe the .ini stopped with the last beta,
version 0.93. I can't find anything in any of the Agent dirs which
relates, so it must be hidden in the DBs somewhere. Only Agent itself
can access those (easily) and I'm certainly not going to try to hack a
Good Thing(tm).

My version has the sig.dat file, which contains the sigs

X-Signatu Poor

"I am for doing good to the poor, but I differ in opinion of the
means. I think the best way of doing good to the poor, is not
making them easy in poverty, but leading or driving them out of
it. In my youth I travelled much, and I observed in different
countries, that the more public provisions were made for the
poor the less they provided for themselves, and of course became
poorer. And, on the contrary, the less was done for them, the
more they did for themselves, and became richer." -- Benjamin
Franklin, /The Encouragement of Idleness/, 1766
..
X-Signatu Pax

for torturing the cat." Gunner
..
X-Signatu Jeff

"IMHO, some people here give Jeff far more attention than he deserves,
but obviously craves. The most appropriate response, and perhaps the
cruelest, IMO, is to simply killfile and ignore him. An alternative, if
you must, would be to post the same standard reply to his every post,
listing the manifold reasons why he ought to be ignored. Just my $0.02
worth."
..
X-Signatu Hell

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those
who in times of great moral crisis maintain their neutrality",
John F. Kennedy.
..
X-Signatu SF

"Somewhere a True Believer is training to kill you. He is training with
minimum food or water,in austere conditions, day and night. The only
thing
clean on him is his weapon. He doesn't worry about what workout to do---
his rucksack weighs what it weighs, and he runs until the enemy stops
chasing him.
The True Believer doesn't care 'how hard it is'; he knows he either wins
or he dies.
He doesn't go home at 1700; he is home. He knows only the 'Cause.' Now,
who wants to quit?"

NCOIC of the Special Forces Assessment and Selection Course in a welcome
speech to new SF candidates
..
X-Signatu Useful Idiots

"Lenin called them "useful idiots," those people living in
liberal democracies who by giving moral and material support
to a totalitarian ideology in effect were braiding the rope that
would hang them. Why people who enjoyed freedom and prosperity worked
passionately to destroy both is a fascinating question, one still with
us
today. Now the useful idiots can be found in the chorus of appeasement,
reflexive anti-Americanism, and sentimental idealism trying to inhibit
the necessary responses to another freedom-hating ideology, radical
Islam"

Bruce C. Thornton, a professor of Classics at American University of Cal
State Fresno
..
X-Signatu Sniper

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this dist..."
Maj. Gen. John Sedgewick, killed by a sniper in 1864 at the battle of
Spotsylvania
..
X-Signatu Palin

"Obama, raises taxes and kills babies. Sarah Palin - raises babies
and kills taxes." Pyotr Flipivich
..
X-Signatu Disclaimer

DISCLAIMER: The content does not reflect the thoughts or opinions of
either
my ISP, myself, my company or employer, my friends (if any,) my
goldfish or
my neighbour's mad dog; don't quote me on that; don't quote me on
anything;
all rights reserved; the post is distribution copyrighted to the
extent that
you may distribute the post and all its associated parts freely but
you may
not make a profit from it or include the post in commercial
publications
without written permission from the Prime Minister of Hutt Province;
other
copyright laws for specific posts apply wherever noted or not noted,
either
deliberately, negligently, or otherwise; posts are subject to change
without
notice; posts are slightly enlarged to show detail; any resemblance to
actual persons, living or dead, is unintentional and purely
coincidental;
hand wash only, tumble dry on low heat; do not bend, fold, mutilate,
or
spindle; do not pass go; do not collect $200; your mileage may vary;
no
substitutions allowed; for a limited time only; the post is void where
prohibited, taxed, or otherwise restricted; the post is provided "as
is"
without any warranties expressed or implied; user assumes full
liabilities;
not liable for damages due to use or misuse; an equal opportunity
abuse
employer; no shoes, no shirt; quantities are limited while supplies
last; if
defects are discovered, do not attempt to fix them yourself but return
to an
authorised post service centre; caveat emptor; read at your own risk;
parental advisory - explicit words; text may contain material some
readers
may find objectionable, parental guidance is advised; not suitable for
children; not suitable for adults; not for human consumption; keep
away from
sunlight, pets and small children; limit one-per-family; no money
down; no
purchase necessary; to approved purchasers only; facsimiles are
acceptable
in South Australia; you need not be present to read this post; some
assembly
required; batteries not included; action figures sold separately; no
preservatives added; tools not included; safety goggles may be
required
during use; sealed for your protection, do not use if the safety seal
is
broken; call before you dig; for external use only; if a rash,
redness,
irritation or swelling develops, discontinue use; use only with proper
ventilation; avoid extreme temperatures and store in a cool, dry
place; keep
away from open flames, naked flames and old flames; avoid inhaling
fumes;
avoid contact with mucous membranes; do not puncture, incinerate, or
store
above 60 degrees Centigrade; do not place near flammable or magnetic
source;
smoking the post may be hazardous to your health; the best safeguard,
second
only to abstinence, is the use of a good laugh; text used on the post
is
made from 100% recycled electrons and magnetic particles; no animals
were
used to test the hilarity of this post other than Synapse Syndrome; no
salt,
MSG, artificial colour or flavour added; may contain traces of replies
peanuts; if ingested, do not induce vomiting, if symptoms persist,
consult
your humourologist; post is ribbed for your pleasure; slippery when
wet;
must be 18 to read; possible penalties for early withdrawal; post
offer
valid only in participating newsgroups; slightly higher in South
Australia;
allow four to six weeks for delivery; damage from hurricane,
lightning,
tornado, tsunami, volcanic eruption, earthquake, flood, orgasm,
misuse,
self-abuse, neglect, unauthorised repair, damage from improper
installation,
broken antenna, marred cabinet, incorrect line voltage, missing or
altered
serial numbers, sonic boom vibrations, electromagnetic radiation from
nuclear blasts or other Acts of God are not covered; incidents owing
aeroplane crash, ship sinking, motor vehicle accidents, leaky roof,
broken
glass, falling rocks, mud
..
X-Signatu PC

Political Correctness is a doctrine fostered by a delusional,
illogical liberal minority, and rabidly promoted by an
unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the
proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean
end.
..
X-Signatu Citizen

'In the first place, we should insist that if the immigrant who comes
here in good faith
becomes an American and assimilates himself to us, he shall be treated
on an exact
equality with everyone else, for it is an outrage to discriminate
against any such man
because of creed, or birthplace, or origin. But this is predicated upon
the
person's becoming in every facet an American, and nothing but an
American...
There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an
American,
but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but
one flag,
the American flag... We have room for but one language here, and that is
the
English language.. and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is
loyalty to the American people.'
Theodore Ro osevelt 1907
..
X-Signatu 2+2

"If I say two plus two is four and a Democrat says two plus two is
eight,
it's not a partial victory for me when we agree that two plus two is
six. " Jonah Goldberg (modified)
..
X-Signatu Niberals

"Aren't cats Libertarian? They just want to be left alone.
I think our dog is a Democrat, as he is always looking for a handout"
Unknown Usnet Poster

Heh, heh, I'm pretty sure my dog is a liberal - he has no balls.
Keyton
..
X-Signatu FDR

"Upon Roosevelt's death in 1945, H. L. Mencken predicted in his diary
that Roosevelt would be remembered as a great president, "maybe even
alongside Washington and Lincoln," opining that Roosevelt "had every
quality that morons esteem in their heroes.""
..
X-Signatu Gunners Prayer

GUNNER'S PRAYER:
"God grant me the serenity to accept the people
that don't need to get shot, the courage to shoot
the people that need shooting and the wisdom to know the difference.
And if need be, the skill to get it done before I have to reload."

0
..
X-Signatu Parts

"As physicists now know, there is some nonzero probability that any
object will, through quantum effects, tunnel from the workbench in your
shop to Floyds Knobs, Indiana (unless your shop is already in Indiana,
in which case the object will tunnel to Trotters, North Dakota).

The smaller mass of the object, the higher the probability.
Therefore, disassembled parts, particularly small ones,
of machines disappear much faster than assembled machines."
Greg Dermer: rec.crafts.metalworking
..
X-Signatu Liberalism

"Liberalism is a philosophy of consolation for
Western civilization as it commits suicide"
- James Burnham
..
X-Signatu Law

--

"First Law of Leftist Debate
homophobe approaches infinity.

the subject." Grey Ghost
..
X-Signatu Common Sense

Whenever a Liberal utters the term "Common Sense approach"....grab your
wallet, your ass, and your guns because the sombitch is about to do
something damned nasty to all three of them.
..
X-Signatu Demonlist

The current Democratic party has lost its ideological basis for
existence.
- It is NOT fiscally responsible.
- It is NOT ethically honorable.
- It has started wars based on lies.
- It does not support the well-being of americans - only billionaires.
- It has suppresed constitutional guaranteed liberties.
- It has foisted a liar as president upon America.
- It has violated US national sovereignty in trade treaties.
- It has refused to enforce the national borders.

.....It no longer has valid reasons to exist.
Lorad474
..
X-Signatu Poverty

"Confiscating wealth from those who have earned it, inherited it,
or got lucky is never going to help 'the poor.' Poverty isn't
caused by some people having more money than others, just as obesity
isn't caused by McDonald's serving super-sized orders of French fries
Poverty, like obesity, is caused by the life choices that dictate
results." - John Tucci,
..
X-Signatu Play Dead

"Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati"
..
X-Signatu lIbs

"[L]iberals are afraid to state what they truly believe in, for to do so
would result in even less votes than they currently receive. Their
methodology is to lie about their real agenda in the hopes of regaining
power, at which point they will do whatever they damn well please.
The problem is they have concealed and obfuscated for so long that, as a
group, they themselves are no longer sure of their goals.

They are a collection of wild-eyed splinter groups, all holding a
grab-bag of dreams and wishes. Some want a Socialist, secular-humanist
state, others the repeal of the Second Amendment. Some want same
sex/different species marriage, others want voting rights for trees,
fish, coal and bugs. Some want cradle to grave care and complete
subservience to the government nanny state, others want a culture that
walks in lockstep and speaks only with intonations of political
correctness.

I view the American liberals in much the same way I view the competing
factions of Islamic fundamentalists. The latter hate each other to the
core, and only join forces to attack the US or Israel. The former hate
themselves to the core, and only join forces to attack George Bush and
conservatives." --Ron Marr
..
X-Signatu age

"Not so old as to need virgins to excite him,
nor old enough to have the patience to teach one."
..
X-Signatu dispicable

"I believe that being despised by the despicable
is as good as being admired by the admirable."

From long experience myself, I can only say, "You betcha."
..

--

"First Law of Leftist Debate
homophobe approaches infinity.

the subject." Grey Ghost
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Gunner Asch on Wed, 05 May 2010 00:35:24 -0700

look in the Signatures section of the agent.ini file. In my geek programming
days, I might have written a script to automatically hack it. I've got a life
these days though.

Ain't no such aminal. Maybe the .ini stopped with the last beta,
version 0.93. I can't find anything in any of the Agent dirs which
relates, so it must be hidden in the DBs somewhere. Only Agent itself
can access those (easily) and I'm certainly not going to try to hack a
Good Thing(tm).

My version has the sig.dat file, which contains the sigs

X-Signatu Poor

Which version agent are you running? I've got 3.3 and in the
database directory (I think) is agent.ini - text file editable by
whatever.
-
pyotr filipivich
It's eight fifty eight. Close enough!
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Wed, 05 May 2010 13:25:57 -0700, pyotr filipivich
wrote the following:

Gunner Asch on Wed, 05 May 2010 00:35:24 -0700

look in the Signatures section of the agent.ini file. In my geek programming
days, I might have written a script to automatically hack it. I've got a life
these days though.

Ain't no such aminal. Maybe the .ini stopped with the last beta,
version 0.93. I can't find anything in any of the Agent dirs which
relates, so it must be hidden in the DBs somewhere. Only Agent itself
can access those (easily) and I'm certainly not going to try to hack a
Good Thing(tm).

My version has the sig.dat file, which contains the sigs

X-Signatu Poor

Which version agent are you running? I've got 3.3 and in the
database directory (I think) is agent.ini - text file editable by
whatever.

v5.00/32.1170 with no sig.dat and no agent.ini file.

--
All national institutions of churches, whether Jewish, Christian,
or Turkish, appear to me no other than human inventions, set up
to terrify and enslave mankind, and monopolize power and profit.
--Thomas Paine
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

Gunner Asch on Wed, 05 May 2010 00:35:24 -0700

look in the Signatures section of the agent.ini file. In my geek programming
days, I might have written a script to automatically hack it. I've got a life
these days though.

Ain't no such aminal. Maybe the .ini stopped with the last beta,
version 0.93. I can't find anything in any of the Agent dirs which
relates, so it must be hidden in the DBs somewhere. Only Agent itself
can access those (easily) and I'm certainly not going to try to hack a
Good Thing(tm).

My version has the sig.dat file, which contains the sigs

X-Signatu Poor

Which version agent are you running? I've got 3.3 and in the
database directory (I think) is agent.ini - text file editable by
whatever.

My long long term favorite....1.93/32

Gunner

-
pyotr filipivich
It's eight fifty eight. Close enough!

--

"First Law of Leftist Debate
homophobe approaches infinity.

the subject." Grey Ghost

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

[...]

I should note..it can be found here and there on the net for...free

Gunner

-
pyotr filipivich
It's eight fifty eight. Close enough!

--

"First Law of Leftist Debate
homophobe approaches infinity.

the subject." Grey Ghost
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote the following:

Gunner Asch on Wed, 05 May 2010 00:35:24 -0700

look in the Signatures section of the agent.ini file. In my geek programming
days, I might have written a script to automatically hack it. I've got a life
these days though.

Ain't no such aminal. Maybe the .ini stopped with the last beta,
version 0.93. I can't find anything in any of the Agent dirs which
relates, so it must be hidden in the DBs somewhere. Only Agent itself
can access those (easily) and I'm certainly not going to try to hack a
Good Thing(tm).

My version has the sig.dat file, which contains the sigs

X-Signatu Poor

Which version agent are you running? I've got 3.3 and in the
database directory (I think) is agent.ini - text file editable by
whatever.

v5.00/32.1170 with no sig.dat and no agent.ini file.

agent.ini should reside in the directory that Agent runs from (check the
shortcut that's used to start it). It's how you got multiple setups from one
installation before recent versions. 6.00/32.1186 still reads and writes the
agent.ini files on my setup.

Mark Rand
RTFM
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Gunner Asch on Fri, 07 May 2010 13:50:29 -0700

Which version agent are you running? I've got 3.3 and in the
database directory (I think) is agent.ini - text file editable by
whatever.

My long long term favorite....1.93/32

Gunner

I should note..it can be found here and there on the net for...free

I think I was flush one year, so bought 3.3 - I'm happy enough
with it.

The sig files may have been in the agent.ini file.

Gunner

-