Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Mary's home

Cardioverted again this afternoon, tickin' like a Timex again. The
hospital missed her meds one day which may have triggered reversion.

We dealt with that today, pro to pro, assignment of blame not an
objective. **** happens, process improvement to reduce ****
happenings must always be a priority. We continue to be delighted (in
general) with the professionalism and caring attitudes we've seen and
been provided.

Mar is very glad to be home after 5 days in hospital. Prognosis is
very good, particularly the part about me being the caregiver partner
for a while which includes cooking, cleaning, laundry and scrubbing
the floors. My turn in the barrel and she is lovin' that. For now.
Her independence gland will swell up real soon. I am quite competent
in mentioned activities so I'll go into smother mode and ignore her
protests until it purely ****es her off to a level not consistent with
domestic bliss.

I'm thinkin' heart healthy here.

I see a happy gunsmoke outing in my or our future next week.

I'm very glad to have my gentle pardner and soulmate back at home.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Apr 23, 4:25*pm, Don Foreman wrote:
[...]

Thats good news - nay, great news Don. Give her my regards, for what
its worth - will try and send you some more lunatic pictures from my
part of the world. Now, if you would only get over this gun thing
(dangerous chemicals in powder) you should both be OK for a fair
while.......

Andrew VK3BFA.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Don Foreman" wrote in message
[...]

Good to too hear that Don. Seems to me like you are almost as good a husband
as Mary is a wife to you!

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Mar is very glad to be home after 5 days in hospital. Prognosis is
very good, particularly the part about me being the caregiver partner
for a while which includes cooking, cleaning, laundry and scrubbing
the floors. My turn in the barrel and she is lovin' that. For now.
Her independence gland will swell up real soon. I am quite competent
in mentioned activities so I'll go into smother mode and ignore her
protests until it purely ****es her off to a level not consistent with
domestic bliss.

Glad to see your honey is back. Milady did about the same time in the
hospital a couple months back. Amazing how much we miss them, isn't it? Now
I was careful not to do too good a job around the house - be sure and burn
something or stain some laundry.

Karl

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Fri, 23 Apr 2010 00:10:54 -0700 (PDT), Andrew VK3BFA
wrote:

On Apr 23, 4:25*pm, Don Foreman wrote:
Cardioverted again this afternoon, tickin' like a Timex again. *The
hospital missed her meds one day which may have triggered reversion.

We dealt with that today, pro to pro, assignment of blame not an
objective. ***** happens, *process improvement to reduce ****
happenings must always be a priority. We continue to be delighted (in
general) with the professionalism and caring attitudes we've seen and
been provided.

Thats good news - nay, great news Don. Give her my regards, for what
its worth - will try and send you some more lunatic pictures from my
part of the world. Now, if you would only get over this gun thing
(dangerous chemicals in powder) you should both be OK for a fair
while.......

Andrew VK3BFA.

Not gonna happen, mate! Otherwise I might revert to scroon around
with dangerous electricity, high voltage as in B+ supplies, and
hazardous electromagnetic radiation...

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Don Foreman wrote in
:

I'm very glad to have my gentle pardner and soulmate back at home.

That's fantastic news, Don! VVVVVBG

Please give her our best wishes for a complete, total, and (we hope)
future-"event"-free recovery.

We both feel that you two are blessed with each other. g
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Don Foreman wrote:

[...]

have a DD214, and a honorable discharge.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 4/22/2010 11:25 PM, Don Foreman wrote:

I'm very glad to have my gentle pardner and soulmate back at home.

Congratulations on springing her!

We welcome her back for the second half.

--Winston
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Fri, 23 Apr 2010 01:25:38 -0500, Don Foreman
wrote:

Mar is very glad to be home after 5 days in hospital. Prognosis is
very good, particularly the part about me being the caregiver partner
for a while which includes cooking, cleaning, laundry and scrubbing
the floors. My turn in the barrel and she is lovin' that. For now.
Her independence gland will swell up real soon. I am quite competent
in mentioned activities so I'll go into smother mode and ignore her
protests until it purely ****es her off to a level not consistent with
domestic bliss.

I'm projecting positive thoughts on a speedy recovery. Some call it
prayers.

Wes

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Apr 23, 1:25*am, Don Foreman wrote:
[...]

Glad to hear things are working out well.

As for you doing the housework...we'll be waiting for those pictures
of you in your French maid outfit with its accompanying toolbelt
accessory. ;)

TMT
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sat, 24 Apr 2010 11:36:24 -0700 (PDT), Too_Many_Tools
wrote:

Glad to hear things are working out well.

Thank you!

As for you doing the housework...we'll be waiting for those pictures
of you in your French maid outfit with its accompanying toolbelt
accessory. ;)

TMT

Domestic toolbelt with holster, n'est-ce pas? La questionne est
calibai le petit 9mm (aka .380), gauche 9mm Luger (boche,spit!),
..45ACP Americaine? (That's different from Ameripalin which would be a
rifle caliber not workable with a legal or otherwise domestic
servant's toolbelt.)

Don't hold your breath for such photos, but I was tempted to
photograph the repast I prepared to tempt milady tonight after doing
my daily 3 miles. New route for rainy days, like it. No hills.

The hardest part of fixin' a meal is figuring out what to fix.

My muse was with me today. I went to Bob's Produce (local market,
1-mile walk each way) with a general idea in mind and things gelled
while there. For supper we had:

*raw spinach salad with vidalia onion and sliced strawberries, dressed
with poppyseed dressing
*grillled lean ground beef patty, 1/3 lb per seasoned patty
*basmati rice with green peas (left over from yesterday; rice is
always better second day)
*rainbow sherbet for dessert

That's it. Sounds dirt simple and is but I claim points for flavor,
presentation, nutritional value and ability to tempt milady to chow
hearty. The vidalia onions just came in today. They're only here
for a few weeks this time of year. They're so mild and sweet they're
almost too mild to bother with on hamburgers, but they are wonderful
in a salad. The idea for the strawberries and poppyseed dressing came
off the spinach bag. I'd already had strawberries in my basket, so
ripe they'll only last a day. Strawberries and spinach are high in
iron, necessary for hemoglobin production. Besides that, they taste
best if they're really ripe and these suckers definitely were. I
have an infallible indicator for ripeness: when they're marked down
to 99 cents a box and are not yet moldy, they are RIPE! Sho 'nuff,
there wasn't a pulpy woody one in the lot.

So what the hell will I make tomorrow, oh **** oh dear. Mar knows
that drill, is purely enjoying my efforts at coping. We're
teammates. Having fun is job 1 whenever possible which is about always
even when things suck at times.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sun, 25 Apr 2010 01:53:23 -0500, the infamous Don Foreman
scrawled the following:

wrote:

Glad to hear things are working out well.

Thank you!

As for you doing the housework...we'll be waiting for those pictures
of you in your French maid outfit with its accompanying toolbelt
accessory. ;)

TMT

Domestic toolbelt with holster, n'est-ce pas? La questionne est
calibai le petit 9mm (aka .380), gauche 9mm Luger (boche,spit!),
.45ACP Americaine? (That's different from Ameripalin which would be a
rifle caliber not workable with a legal or otherwise domestic
servant's toolbelt.)

vbg

Don't hold your breath for such photos, but I was tempted to
photograph the repast I prepared to tempt milady tonight after doing
my daily 3 miles. New route for rainy days, like it. No hills.

The hardest part of fixin' a meal is figuring out what to fix.

My muse was with me today. I went to Bob's Produce (local market,
1-mile walk each way) with a general idea in mind and things gelled
while there. For supper we had:

*raw spinach salad with vidalia onion and sliced strawberries, dressed
with poppyseed dressing

Yum, onions with strawberries! gag

*grillled lean ground beef patty, 1/3 lb per seasoned patty

"Would you like e-coli with that, maam?"

*basmati rice with green peas (left over from yesterday; rice is
always better second day)

Yum. I made basmati last night with steamed broc and green beans.
I'll pick up more broc and cauli today, on sale. My Aroma rice cooker
came with two 9x2-1/2" steamer baskets. I can do 9 frozen chicken
tenderloins on top, 1.5# of broc and cauli in the middle, and 4 cups
(8 cooked) of rice on the bottom, for a 3-course-in-1-pan meal in 20
minutes, including prep. It's good for 3 days of lunches and dinners.
Everything is steamed, and all vitamins are caught in the rice. "It's
my favorite 'pan' said the lazy bachelor.

*rainbow sherbet for dessert

Yum!

That's it. Sounds dirt simple and is but I claim points for flavor,
presentation, nutritional value and ability to tempt milady to chow
hearty. The vidalia onions just came in today. They're only here
for a few weeks this time of year. They're so mild and sweet they're
almost too mild to bother with on hamburgers, but they are wonderful
in a salad.

Raw onions, from chives on up, cause heartburn and raw onion burps in
me for a minimum of 12 hours. Pass!

The idea for the strawberries and poppyseed dressing came
off the spinach bag. I'd already had strawberries in my basket, so
ripe they'll only last a day. Strawberries and spinach are high in
iron, necessary for hemoglobin production. Besides that, they taste
best if they're really ripe and these suckers definitely were. I
have an infallible indicator for ripeness: when they're marked down
to 99 cents a box and are not yet moldy, they are RIPE! Sho 'nuff,
there wasn't a pulpy woody one in the lot.

Uh, I'm glad you' like that combo. ick

So what the hell will I make tomorrow, oh **** oh dear. Mar knows
that drill, is purely enjoying my efforts at coping. We're
teammates. Having fun is job 1 whenever possible which is about always
even when things suck at times.

Always make up menues when you're in a creative mood. Make them for as
long as you stay creative that day, out to 6 months in advance, if you
like. Then there is no daily "what to fix" dilemma. I'm a bachelor,
so I fix whatever I want whenever I want it, and mix things in odd
ways, like you just did. I at least try to be _couth_ about it,
though. I don't insult strawberries and I use frozen fruit instead of
ice for my smoothies.

P.S: Chocolate ice cream on apple pie is ta die for.

--
....in order that a man may be happy, it is necessary that he should
not only be capable of his work, but a good judge of his work.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 4/24/2010 11:53 PM, Don Foreman wrote:

(...)

My muse was with me today. I went to Bob's Produce (local market,
1-mile walk each way) with a general idea in mind and things gelled
while there. For supper we had:

*raw spinach salad with vidalia onion and sliced strawberries, dressed
with poppyseed dressing
*grillled lean ground beef patty, 1/3 lb per seasoned patty
*basmati rice with green peas (left over from yesterday; rice is
always better second day)
*rainbow sherbet for dessert

YES!

I nominate Don to edit the _RCM Cookbook_.

--Winston

--

Harley was venal, arrogant, despicable and a psychologist.
He was the second most redundant man I ever talked to.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sun, 25 Apr 2010 11:54:54 -0700, Winston
wrote:

On 4/24/2010 11:53 PM, Don Foreman wrote:

(...)

My muse was with me today. I went to Bob's Produce (local market,
1-mile walk each way) with a general idea in mind and things gelled
while there. For supper we had:

*raw spinach salad with vidalia onion and sliced strawberries, dressed
with poppyseed dressing
*grillled lean ground beef patty, 1/3 lb per seasoned patty
*basmati rice with green peas (left over from yesterday; rice is
always better second day)
*rainbow sherbet for dessert

YES!

I nominate Don to edit the _RCM Cookbook_.

--Winston

Seconded!!

Gunner

"First Law of Leftist Debate
homophobe approaches infinity.

the subject." Grey Ghost

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

On 4/24/2010 11:53 PM, Don Foreman wrote:

(...)

My muse was with me today. I went to Bob's Produce (local market,
1-mile walk each way) with a general idea in mind and things gelled
while there. For supper we had:

*raw spinach salad with vidalia onion and sliced strawberries, dressed
with poppyseed dressing
*grillled lean ground beef patty, 1/3 lb per seasoned patty
*basmati rice with green peas (left over from yesterday; rice is
always better second day)
*rainbow sherbet for dessert

YES!

I nominate Don to edit the _RCM Cookbook_.

--Winston

Seconded!!

Gunner

Extra credit for any recipes using Hoppes #9 or gunpowder.

Karl

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

On 4/24/2010 11:53 PM, Don Foreman wrote:

(...)

My muse was with me today. I went to Bob's Produce (local market,
1-mile walk each way) with a general idea in mind and things gelled
while there. For supper we had:

*raw spinach salad with vidalia onion and sliced strawberries, dressed
with poppyseed dressing
*grillled lean ground beef patty, 1/3 lb per seasoned patty
*basmati rice with green peas (left over from yesterday; rice is
always better second day)
*rainbow sherbet for dessert

YES!

I nominate Don to edit the _RCM Cookbook_.

--Winston

Seconded!!

Gunner

=================
People that find this thread of interest should also find
the following URLs helpful/interesting:

http://www.pentagonchannel.mil/thegr...ts/index.shtml
{works best with Explorer}

http://uktv.co.uk/food/homepage/sid/566
I like "Market Kitchen" the best

http://www.jamieoliver.com/jamies-ministry-of-food/

http://www.fooddoneright.com/

http://chefskitchen.tv/

Unka George (George McDuffee)
The past is a foreign country;
they do things differently there.
L. P. Hartley (1895-1972), British author.
The Go-Between, Prologue (1953).
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sun, 25 Apr 2010 19:30:25 -0500, "Karl Townsend"
wrote:

.. .
wrote:

On 4/24/2010 11:53 PM, Don Foreman wrote:

(...)

My muse was with me today. I went to Bob's Produce (local market,
1-mile walk each way) with a general idea in mind and things gelled
while there. For supper we had:

*raw spinach salad with vidalia onion and sliced strawberries, dressed
with poppyseed dressing
*grillled lean ground beef patty, 1/3 lb per seasoned patty
*basmati rice with green peas (left over from yesterday; rice is
always better second day)
*rainbow sherbet for dessert

YES!

I nominate Don to edit the _RCM Cookbook_.

--Winston

Seconded!!

Gunner

Extra credit for any recipes using Hoppes #9 or gunpowder.

Karl

Old version or new version of Hoppes?

Gunner

"First Law of Leftist Debate
homophobe approaches infinity.

the subject." Grey Ghost
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sun, 25 Apr 2010 06:30:47 -0700, Larry Jaques
wrote:

*raw spinach salad with vidalia onion and sliced strawberries, dressed
with poppyseed dressing

Yum, onions with strawberries! gag

She liked it! So did I. Maybe you're one of those guys who regard
salad as what food eats...

P.S: Chocolate ice cream on apple pie is ta die for.

Death resulting from ballistic barfing? If you taste something furry,
clench your teeth -- that's your asshole coming up. G
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

On 4/24/2010 11:53 PM, Don Foreman wrote:

(...)

My muse was with me today. I went to Bob's Produce (local market,
1-mile walk each way) with a general idea in mind and things gelled
while there. For supper we had:

*raw spinach salad with vidalia onion and sliced strawberries, dressed
with poppyseed dressing
*grillled lean ground beef patty, 1/3 lb per seasoned patty
*basmati rice with green peas (left over from yesterday; rice is
always better second day)
*rainbow sherbet for dessert

YES!

I nominate Don to edit the _RCM Cookbook_.

--Winston

Seconded!!

Gunner

Respectfully declined. Gawd, you want an engineer to edit a cookbook?
Besides,there's a real editor among us.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

On 4/24/2010 11:53 PM, Don Foreman wrote:

(...)

My muse was with me today. I went to Bob's Produce (local market,
1-mile walk each way) with a general idea in mind and things gelled
while there. For supper we had:

*raw spinach salad with vidalia onion and sliced strawberries, dressed
with poppyseed dressing
*grillled lean ground beef patty, 1/3 lb per seasoned patty
*basmati rice with green peas (left over from yesterday; rice is
always better second day)
*rainbow sherbet for dessert

YES!

I nominate Don to edit the _RCM Cookbook_.

--Winston

Seconded!!

Gunner

Extra credit for any recipes using Hoppes #9 or gunpowder.

Karl

Haven't tried Hoppes, but I have one using WD-40:

place one small plastic twistertail or tubie on 1/16th oz jig, spray
liberally with WD-40, lower into submerged brush where crappies be.
Crappies love WD-40.

Fill ice cream pail with big crappies

Filet crappies, dredge in your favorite cracker crumb beer batter.
Saute in butter or margarine. Serve with good bread, maybe some hash
browns, and lots of cold beer.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

On 4/24/2010 11:53 PM, Don Foreman wrote:

(...)

My muse was with me today. I went to Bob's Produce (local market,
1-mile walk each way) with a general idea in mind and things gelled
while there. For supper we had:

*raw spinach salad with vidalia onion and sliced strawberries, dressed
with poppyseed dressing
*grillled lean ground beef patty, 1/3 lb per seasoned patty
*basmati rice with green peas (left over from yesterday; rice is
always better second day)
*rainbow sherbet for dessert

YES!

I nominate Don to edit the _RCM Cookbook_.

--Winston

Seconded!!

Gunner

Extra credit for any recipes using Hoppes #9 or gunpowder.

That is just silly. Everyone knows Hoppes #9 is a cologne.

--Winston

--

Harley was venal, arrogant, despicable and a psychologist.
He was the second most redundant man I ever talked to.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

On Sun, 25 Apr 2010 11:54:54 -0700,
wrote:

(...)

YES!

I nominate Don to edit the _RCM Cookbook_.

--Winston

Seconded!!

Gunner

Respectfully declined. Gawd, you want an engineer to edit a cookbook?

Who else could lay out a recipe that mere mortals could
prepare easily? Too often, I see an ingredient hidden
among the instructions or instructions hidden among the
ingredients. Also baseless assumptions made about the ability
of the person reading the recipe. Clarified butter? Huh?

Also mind bogglingly complicated recipes with huge ingredients
lists that result in dishes that aren't nearly as good as
their much simpler, more quickly prepared competitors.

Don't get me started about 'dashes' and 'dollops' as units
of measure.

Besides,there's a real editor among us.

Perhaps Ed will share his favorites!

--Winston

--

Harley was venal, arrogant, despicable and a psychologist.
He was the second most redundant man I ever talked to.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

*raw spinach salad with vidalia onion and sliced strawberries, dressed
with poppyseed dressing

Yum, onions with strawberries! gag

Sounds like you're averse to onions in general, burp. Roger that! We
all have our various aversions. Mary is averse to garlic in more than
miniscule amounts, I'm averse to the use of sherry in food. I like a
glass of sherry but don't like it at all in clam chowder or chicken
ala king. Urp retch barf gag level of dislike.

Vidalia onions are nothing like yellow onions used in cooking real
food and infusing a household with wonderful aroma of supper to be
anticipated, definitely beating the stink of boiled cabbage from the
bad old days. They're very mild and sweet, can be eaten like apples.
They're too mild to be any good as raw slices on burgers but they do
provide a bit of tang, texture and crisp crunch to a salad for we who
can gag down a salad now and then. The big Texas sweets are much
better as thick raw slices on burgers for the not-onion-averse.

It's like vinegar. Really good, aged Balsamic vinegar bears no
resemblance to everyday cider or wine vinegar. Some have used it as a
dressing on ice cream. I've not found aged genuine balsamic here but
it's readily available in the UK, even at Tesco, if one's Visa is up
for the jolt. It's worth it. A vinaigrette made with this stuff is
indescribable, not found in any restaurant here or abroad that I've
ever been willing to afford.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sun, 25 Apr 2010 23:01:07 -0500, the infamous Don Foreman
scrawled the following:

wrote:

*raw spinach salad with vidalia onion and sliced strawberries, dressed
with poppyseed dressing

Yum, onions with strawberries! gag

She liked it! So did I. Maybe you're one of those guys who regard
salad as what food eats...

g No, I eat a whole lot of veggies.

P.S: Chocolate ice cream on apple pie is ta die for.

Death resulting from ballistic barfing?

You obviously haven't tried it, you poor, chocophobic lad.

If you taste something furry,
clench your teeth -- that's your asshole coming up. G

No, it was one of your damned _onions_ again. I gave up "furry" when
I quit drinking 25 years ago.

--
....in order that a man may be happy, it is necessary that he should
not only be capable of his work, but a good judge of his work.
-- John Ruskin

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sun, 25 Apr 2010 21:38:48 -0700, the infamous Winston
scrawled the following:

wrote:

On 4/24/2010 11:53 PM, Don Foreman wrote:

(...)

My muse was with me today. I went to Bob's Produce (local market,
1-mile walk each way) with a general idea in mind and things gelled
while there. For supper we had:

*raw spinach salad with vidalia onion and sliced strawberries, dressed
with poppyseed dressing
*grillled lean ground beef patty, 1/3 lb per seasoned patty
*basmati rice with green peas (left over from yesterday; rice is
always better second day)
*rainbow sherbet for dessert

YES!

I nominate Don to edit the _RCM Cookbook_.

--Winston

Seconded!!

After the onion/strawberry thing, and the crappie thing, I'm nixing
both your nominations right along with Don. He ain't no con-a-sewer.
;-/

Extra credit for any recipes using Hoppes #9 or gunpowder.

That is just silly. Everyone knows Hoppes #9 is a cologne.

The cologne which attracts only the right kind of girls. wink

--
....in order that a man may be happy, it is necessary that he should
not only be capable of his work, but a good judge of his work.
-- John Ruskin
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Mon, 26 Apr 2010 01:11:55 -0500, the infamous Don Foreman
scrawled the following:

wrote:

*raw spinach salad with vidalia onion and sliced strawberries, dressed
with poppyseed dressing

Yum, onions with strawberries! gag

Sounds like you're averse to onions in general, burp. Roger that! We
all have our various aversions. Mary is averse to garlic in more than

I'm a garlaholic. I just can't eat raw onions, but they're fine when
cooked, and really -make- a soup.

miniscule amounts, I'm averse to the use of sherry in food. I like a
glass of sherry but don't like it at all in clam chowder or chicken
ala king. Urp retch barf gag level of dislike.

I don't mind red wine in food, but I remember "furry" when trying it
by itself, long, long ago, in another life.

Vidalia onions are nothing like yellow onions used in cooking real
food and infusing a household with wonderful aroma of supper to be
anticipated, definitely beating the stink of boiled cabbage from the
bad old days. They're very mild and sweet, can be eaten like apples.
They're too mild to be any good as raw slices on burgers but they do
provide a bit of tang, texture and crisp crunch to a salad for we who
can gag down a salad now and then. The big Texas sweets are much
better as thick raw slices on burgers for the not-onion-averse.

Yeah, Vidalia and Bermudas are supposed to be mild, but raw, they're
as welcome as a dose of clap.

It's like vinegar. Really good, aged Balsamic vinegar bears no
resemblance to everyday cider or wine vinegar. Some have used it as a
dressing on ice cream. I've not found aged genuine balsamic here but
it's readily available in the UK, even at Tesco, if one's Visa is up
for the jolt. It's worth it. A vinaigrette made with this stuff is
indescribable, not found in any restaurant here or abroad that I've
ever been willing to afford.

Balsamic vinegar tastes like bad wine after it's gone off. Pass,
thanks. It was good on fish and chips a very, very long time ago, but
that was it. You might enjoy the furry stuff, but I sure don't.

--
....in order that a man may be happy, it is necessary that he should
not only be capable of his work, but a good judge of his work.
-- John Ruskin
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Gunner wrote in message
On Sun, 25 Apr 2010 11:54:54 -0700,
wrote:

(...)

YES!

I nominate Don to edit the _RCM Cookbook_.

--Winston

Seconded!!

After the onion/strawberry thing, and the crappie thing, I'm nixing
both your nominations right along with Don. He ain't no con-a-sewer.
;-/

(...)

Veddy good. M'Lord.

--Winston

--

Harley was venal, arrogant, despicable and a psychologist.
He was the second most redundant man I ever talked to.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

*raw spinach salad with vidalia onion and sliced strawberries, dressed
with poppyseed dressing

If she's on blood thinners of any type, take a look at the spinach idea.
Google coumadin and vitamin K to find the foods with the most vitamin K in
them, which, in conjunction of some foods can increase the bleeding rate at
up to 5 times.

Steve

http://cabgbypasssurgery.com book coming soon

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Mon, 26 Apr 2010 06:04:56 -0700
Larry Jaques wrote:

snip
Yeah, Vidalia and Bermudas are supposed to be mild, but raw, they're
as welcome as a dose of clap.

Dice them up, zap'um in the microwave for ~3 minutes. That takes the
"edge" off quite nice.

Probably eat ~60 lbs of Vadalia/spanish/sweet onions a year using that
method...

--
Leon Fisk
Grand Rapids MI/Zone 5b

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Mon, 26 Apr 2010 08:16:43 -0700, "Steve B"
wrote:

*raw spinach salad with vidalia onion and sliced strawberries, dressed
with poppyseed dressing

If she's on blood thinners of any type, take a look at the spinach idea.
Google coumadin and vitamin K to find the foods with the most vitamin K in
them, which, in conjunction of some foods can increase the bleeding rate at
up to 5 times.

Steve

Good catch, Steve. We were aware of that, she is on coumadin. The
doc said a little spinach is OK, the main thing is to be consistent.
BTW, vitamin K aids clotting rather than impeding it. More at
http://www.clotcare.com/clotcare/vit...dwarfarin.aspx

She had an INR check this morning. It was right on target.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

*raw spinach salad with vidalia onion and sliced strawberries,
dressed
with poppyseed dressing

If she's on blood thinners of any type, take a look at the spinach idea.
Google coumadin and vitamin K to find the foods with the most vitamin K in
them, which, in conjunction of some foods can increase the bleeding rate
at
up to 5 times.

Steve

Good catch, Steve. We were aware of that, she is on coumadin. The
doc said a little spinach is OK, the main thing is to be consistent.
BTW, vitamin K aids clotting rather than impeding it. More at
http://www.clotcare.com/clotcare/vit...dwarfarin.aspx

She had an INR check this morning. It was right on target.

Mine has to be right around 3.0 because of the artificial valve. Yes, K
aids clotting, which lowers the INR number, which means that if you have
more of a tendency to clot internally, which is not a good thing. K works
against the coumadin, hence one should limit their K and let it bleed so as
to avoid clots that can kill you or make you a vegetable forever.

Steve