Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Apology to list

It's been a long, long day. It's been 14 hours since I got
up, and that included transmission work on my van, and three
super emergency rush calls. My allergies have been wicked
for two days. Not that excuses bad behaviour, just helps
understand.

Normally I don't use crude language, even on usenet.
Tonight, well. I made a bad decision. I'm sorry if anyone
was offended.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Stormin Mormon wrote:
It's been a long, long day. It's been 14 hours since I got
up, and that included transmission work on my van, and three
super emergency rush calls. My allergies have been wicked
for two days. Not that excuses bad behaviour, just helps
understand.

Normally I don't use crude language, even on usenet.
Tonight, well. I made a bad decision. I'm sorry if anyone
was offended.

If it was on a political thread I wouldn't have noticed it anyway.

A preacher was new to town, so he decided he'd get on his old bicycle,
to ride around and get familiar with what was where.

As he rode through one neighborhood, he noticed a kid sitting under a
tree, with a lawn mower and a "for sale" sign. He needed a lawn mower,
so he stopped to talk.

The kid said he was saving up for a bicycle, and since his dad had
gotten a new riding mower, he was letting the kid sell the old mower.

The preacher thought a moment, then proposed a trade. So the kid tried
out the bike -- rode it down the street and back -- and liked it. Then
the preacher asked if the mower ran well. "Oh sure, my Dad mowed with
it last week, just before he got his new riding mower".

"Well, I'll just give it a pull and see if it runs".

The preacher tries and tries, but can't get it to start.

"Son, I don't see how this is going to start".

"Oh, it always starts for my dad, but you gotta cuss at it".

"Son, I'm a preacher -- I forgot how to cuss a long time ago".

"Keep trying, you'll remember after a while".

--
Tim Wescott
www.wescottdesign.com
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

JR North wrote:
If the preacher was Catholic, that kid better hold onto his pants...

OK, one more, but you made me do it. I am blameless. This is All Your
Fault:

A priest and a scoutmaster were taking a boy scout on an excursion in a
small commuter plane. They were in the mountains when the engines
sputtered and died.

The pilot called from the cockpit that they were too far away from any
airports, and the mountains were too rugged to land safely. There were,
however, two parachutes on board -- but that was only enough for two out
of the four people.

The scoutmaster suggested that the priest and the boy should jump; the
boy because he had a whole life ahead of him, and the priest because he
spent his life ministering to the needy.

The priest suggested that the scoutmaster and the boy jump; the boy
because he was a kid, and the scoutmaster to help take care of him in
the woods.

While this discussion was going on, the pilot had donned a parachute.
He yelled "screw the kid, I'm gonna save myself!" He jumped.

The scoutmaster's and the priest's eyes lit up as they turned to one
another and said, simultaneously, "do you think there's time?"

--
Tim Wescott
www.wescottdesign.com
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Apr 22, 10:24*pm, Tim Wescott wrote:
JR North wrote:
[...]

Control system and signal processing consultingwww.wescottdesign.com

Dammit JR! Why did you make him do that?
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Thu, 22 Apr 2010 20:11:49 -0400, "Stormin Mormon"
wrote:

It's been a long, long day. It's been 14 hours since I got
up, and that included transmission work on my van, and three
super emergency rush calls. My allergies have been wicked
for two days. Not that excuses bad behaviour, just helps
understand.

Normally I don't use crude language, even on usenet.
Tonight, well. I made a bad decision. I'm sorry if anyone
was offended.

Offended? By what?

Blink blink?

Gunner

"First Law of Leftist Debate
homophobe approaches infinity.

the subject." Grey Ghost

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Yes, that's for sure. Years ago, I heard the expression
"enough to make a saint swear". Think I found example of
that, too.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"Tim Wescott" wrote in message

[...]

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Apology to list (and priestly problems)

Do the Catholics have a higher incidence of deviate priests,
or is it just bad press?

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"JR North" wrote in message
If the preacher was Catholic, that kid better hold onto his
pants...
JR
Dweller in the cellar

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Apology to list (these parachute jokes are bad)

Bill Gates, A Hippie and a Pollack were in a plane.
Suddenly, the plane engine died, and the plane started to
lose altitude.
The pilot said: "There are only three parachutes, and this
one is mine!", and jumped.
The Pollack said "I've got to lead my nation..." and took a
parachute and jumped.
Just after that, Bill Gates Said:
"I'm the smartest man in the world, I've got to have the
last parachute. Looks like we'll have to fight to the death
over it!",
And the hippie replied: "it's cool, man, no worries. Chill !
The Pollack took my backpack"

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

JR North wrote:
[...]

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Apology to list (more parachute groaners)

Paraphrasing the Bible "It was the JR. He gave me awful
joke, and I did eat."

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"rangerssuck" wrote in message

Dammit JR! Why did you make him do that?

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

When there is a speck of sand in a fine pastry, it's pretty
obvious. However, a speck of sand is not even noticed when
one is laying on the beach.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"Gunner Asch" wrote in message
Normally I don't use crude language, even on usenet.
Tonight, well. I made a bad decision. I'm sorry if anyone
was offended.

Offended? By what?

Blink blink?

Gunner

"First Law of Leftist Debate
homophobe approaches infinity.

the subject." Grey Ghost

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

.

"JR North" wrote in message

If the preacher was Catholic, that kid better hold onto his
pants...
JR
Dweller in the cellar

I think they're the only outfit big enough and strong enough to just
keep shuffling them around to new victim communities over and over and
over, so it's hard to tell how many there really are.

If you see a rat in the barn 3 times, is it the same rat 3 times or 3
different rats?

The bad press is fully deserved, though.

Dave
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Any group with enough people will eventually have problem
people. The question in my mind, is how they handle the
problems. What I've heard of the RC church, they move the
problem priests around, thus demonstrating approval of child
molesting. A different church might remove the priests, and
cooperate with the law enforcement. I'm with you. From what
I know, the bad press is actually a bit milder than it
could be.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"Dave__67"
wrote in message news:40ddbe88-85c2-4936-9c46-

I think they're the only outfit big enough and strong enough
to just
keep shuffling them around to new victim communities over
and over and
over, so it's hard to tell how many there really are.

If you see a rat in the barn 3 times, is it the same rat 3
times or 3
different rats?

The bad press is fully deserved, though.

Dave

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Fri, 23 Apr 2010 07:17:33 -0400, "Stormin Mormon"
wrote:

Do the Catholics have a higher incidence of deviate priests,
or is it just bad press?

If we add up all the deviant priests and divide by the number of
priests, how does that compare to society at large? I suspect it
might not differ too much either way.

I'm not Catholic if it matters. Backsliding Baptist

Wes

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

Do the Catholics have a higher incidence of deviate priests,
or is it just bad press?

If we add up all the deviant priests and divide by the number of
priests, how does that compare to society at large? I suspect it
might not differ too much either way.

As I understand it... you're right. There's a proportion of men who have
that mental illness (which is the right way to put it); unfortunately,
the Church didn't recognize it for what it was, and thought that if they
promised not to do it again they could be trusted. And whole flocks of
chickens are roosting now.

Proportions among the other snicker-snicker vocations and avocations
(elementary school teacher, scoutmaster, Little League coach) are also,
as I understand it, actually similar.

I'm not Catholic if it matters. Backsliding Baptist

I am an active Roman Catholic.

The Apology - L. Credit Where Due T. Home Repair 0 June 2nd 07 10:22 PM
Apology L. Credit Where Due T. Home Repair 0 June 2nd 07 10:21 PM
converting cuting list to materials list... need help [email protected] Woodworking 6 December 21st 06 05:10 PM
An Apology Doctor Drivel UK diy 35 September 6th 06 09:19 PM
cutting list =>shoppihng list & board feet. Newbie wood shoppingquestion Jim Helfer Woodworking 2 September 3rd 04 03:07 AM