Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Epoxy coating

I found these on craigslist. What do you think for the garage/shop
floor? http://nashville.craigslist.org/mat/1657327198.html
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

stryped fired this volley in news:bbd41d63-83c2-4545-
:

I found these on craigslist. What do you think for the garage/shop
floor?
http://nashville.craigslist.org/mat/1657327198.html

I'm not familiar with the "Weatherbeater" brand, but lacking any other
discription, it just sounds like a 2-part epoxy paint, like all the others.
Except, for $15 a kit (if not expired on shelf-life or by mis-storage)
that's one HELL of a buy.

LLoyd
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Lloyd E. Sponenburgh" lloydspinsidemindspring.com wrote in
. 3.70:

:

I found these on craigslist. What do you think for the garage/shop
floor?
http://nashville.craigslist.org/mat/1657327198.html

I'm not familiar with the "Weatherbeater" brand, but lacking any other
discription, it just sounds like a 2-part epoxy paint, like all the
others. Except, for $15 a kit (if not expired on shelf-life or by
mis-storage) that's one HELL of a buy.

LLoyd

"Weatherbeater" is/was Sears house brand of paints.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

0...

:

I found these on craigslist. What do you think for the garage/shop
floor?
http://nashville.craigslist.org/mat/1657327198.html

I'm not familiar with the "Weatherbeater" brand, but lacking any other
discription, it just sounds like a 2-part epoxy paint, like all the
others. Except, for $15 a kit (if not expired on shelf-life or by
mis-storage) that's one HELL of a buy.

LLoyd

"Weatherbeater" is/was Sears house brand of paints.

It's been decades since I knew their suppliers, but Sears paints used to be
made by Dutch Boy. They had a long relationship but it could be long gone by
now.

--
Ed Huntress

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"stryped" wrote in message
I found these on craigslist. What do you think for the garage/shop
floor? http://nashville.craigslist.org/mat/1657327198.html

Its my understanding that if you do not do a properly wash the acid/base of
the concrete will react and cause your epoxy to peel or separate fairly
quickly. Any epoxy. I am thinking base as the wash down if I recall is an
acid.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

One must provide a bite for the epoxy to be attached to.

My shop was done before I got here and I have spots in it.
Mostly where scraped and such.

Martin