Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Anyone have an External Hard drive available?

On Mon, 5 Apr 2010 06:27:39 -0500, "Snag"
wrote:

Gunner Asch wrote:
On Mon, 5 Apr 2010 01:54:22 -0700 (PDT), "
wrote:

On Apr 4, 7:11 pm, Gunner Asch wrote:
Looking for a 250-500 Gig USB external harddrive.

I need it for backups etc etc.

Yes..they are available on Ebay for $50

Looking to swap for one or two.

Cash..is really tight.

Gunner

"First Law of Leftist Debate
homophobe approaches infinity.

the subject." Grey Ghost

Walmart online has external hard drive cases for $20-30 if you've got
spare drives. My friend said some of the ones at walmart don't last
long so you'd have to check reviews if you go that route. It doesn't
usualy trash the drive though.
Watch out for those little Western Digital usb powered drives. They
had a bad reputation of dying and data loss.
I don't know about the newer ones.
Karl

Thanks Karl. Good information to know.

Much obliged

Gunner

www.newegg.com is your friend . I'm using a laptop drive in a case I bought
for them for under 10 bucks . They also have cases for internal desktop
drives , I think .

I just ordered a y splitter for audio (computer to stereo) from them
for $6.99. Shipping was $8.99 for 3 day UPS! So far I'm not
impressed.

Snarl

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

[...]

Ya gotta shop smart with them Snarl . I try to watch and get stuff when
they have free shipping , otherwise you can spend more than just pickin' it
up at WallyWorld . Of course you don't exactly have a WW in your back yard
like most of us .
I've got an s-video/rca pin jack adapter in my shopping cart there right
now . Gotta decide whether I wanna install a video card with s-video
capability in my desktop or move a comp that already has one into the
living room so I can play movies from it to my TeeVee .
--
Snag
"90 FLHTCU "Strider"

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote in message
On Mon, 5 Apr 2010 06:27:39 -0500, "Snag"

I just ordered a y splitter for audio (computer to stereo) from them
for $6.99. Shipping was $8.99 for 3 day UPS! So far I'm not
impressed.

Snarl

What he hell? Did you think they would ship for free? ;-)
Getting anything shipped for much less than $10 is getting pretty hard these
days! When I order something in I usually try to wait and order enough crap
to make it worth the freight.
Greg