DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Insurance claim.... (https://www.diybanter.com/metalworking/300784-re-insurance-claim.html)

Wes[_2_] April 1st 10 11:31 PM

Insurance claim....

"Stormin Mormon" wrote:

Where do you buy a 20 year old roof, to replace the one you
lost?

IIRC, it was a slate roof. That is a very long lived roof compared to asphalt shingles or
metal roofing.

My brother built an oak timber frame home using stressskin panels for skins. The design
life for that type of construction is 200 years or so. The suggested roofing to match the
rest of the structure was slate based life expectancy.

Now if the op has a 150 year old home, well, he might have a problem if replacement cost
insurace was not purchased.

Wes
in their eyes." Dick Anthony Heller