Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Mitutoyo 500-351 Vrs. Mitutoyo 500-196-20

Does anyone know of the 2 above, ( Mitutoyo 500-351 Vrs. Mitutoyo
500-196-20)
What one is better.
I don't think they make the Mitutoyo 500-351 anymore, but I can get
one used from a fellow locally for $65.00.
But ENCO has the Mitutoyo 500-196-20 on sale for about $95.00 and I
think they
have free shipping right now?
Thoughts?
Thank You
Tony
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2010-03-14, wrote:
Does anyone know of the 2 above, ( Mitutoyo 500-351 Vrs. Mitutoyo
500-196-20)
What one is better.

Would it have been too much trouble to mention *what* you were
asking about? Mitutoyo makes a *lot* of different measuring
instruments, including micrometers, dial calipers, digital calipers
(which is what a quick Google search that I should not have had to do
indicates these are), height gauge, bore micrometers and bore dial
gauges, and lots of other things which I probably have missed.

Even in the digital calipers field, they made some which were
just normal digital calipers which take as zero where they happen to be
set when you turn them on, others which remember where they are even
when turned off, some which are oil and coolant resistant, various
sizes. I have a 6" and a 12" of various ages, and without going down to
the shop I could not tell you what the models of each are. The 12" were
bought new at a hamfest about a 20 years ago or so. The 6" were bought
used from an eBay auction. Both are very good, and I would not worry
about a used one as long as someone did not let the cells go bad in them
and sit long enough to get corrosion on the battery terminals.

If the various features matter -- look up what they are for each
and make your choice on that.

I don't think they make the Mitutoyo 500-351 anymore, but I can get
one used from a fellow locally for $65.00.
But ENCO has the Mitutoyo 500-196-20 on sale for about $95.00 and I
think they
have free shipping right now?
Thoughts?

Get one! Whichever is easier for you to get. Both are
inexpensive enough to not be worth agonizing over the choice.

Good Luck,
DoN.

--
Email: | Voice (all times): (703) 938-4564
(too) near Washington D.C. |
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Mar 14, 2:33*am, "DoN. Nichols" wrote:
On 2010-03-14, wrote:

[...]

* * * * (too) near Washington D.C. |http://www.d-and-d.com/dnichols/DoN.html
* * * * * *--- Black Holes are where God is dividing by zero ---

No Sorry They are digital calipers
Thanks, Tony
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2010-03-14, wrote:

[...]

Thanks, Tony- Hide quoted text -

I just orderes the new ones from ENCO
http://www.use-enco.com/CGI/INSRIT?P...PMAKA=610-0045
Thanks, Tony

mitutoyo squares cj Metalworking 5 October 24th 08 04:51 PM
Where are Mitutoyo Micrometers Made? JWho Metalworking 7 November 9th 05 02:05 AM
Mitutoyo center finder msterspy Metalworking 4 February 13th 05 06:03 PM
WTB operation manual for Mitutoyo DRO APL 164 Wild Bill Metalworking 0 January 27th 05 11:03 PM