DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Just thought Id pass along some memories (https://www.diybanter.com/metalworking/299391-just-thought-id-pass-along-some-memories.html)

Gunner Asch[_6_] March 8th 10 11:46 AM

Just thought Id pass along some memories

http://www.metalworking.com/RCM-gall...Bastow,Robert/

Gunner

"I believe that being despised by the despicable
is as good as being admired by the admirable."

From long experience myself, I can only say, "You betcha."

Larry Jaques[_2_] March 8th 10 03:19 PM

Just thought Id pass along some memories

On Mon, 08 Mar 2010 03:46:23 -0800, the infamous Gunner Asch
scrawled the following:

http://www.metalworking.com/RCM-gall...Bastow,Robert/

Noting the bald head, was it cancer that got him in the end?
RIP, TeeNut.

Nice little shop.

And I giggled with the thought after seeing this pic:
http://www.metalworking.com/RCM-gall...king_Bench.jpg
Guys on the Wreck'd be asking "Is that dust collector tube grounded?"
bseg

"I believe that being despised by the despicable
is as good as being admired by the admirable."

From long experience myself, I can only say, "You betcha."

Stay centered by accepting whatever you are doing. This is the ultimate.
-- Chuang-tzu

Lewis Hartswick March 9th 10 12:41 AM

Gunner Asch wrote:
http://www.metalworking.com/RCM-gall...Bastow,Robert/

Gunner

I still have the e-mails between us. One where I caught
him with a mistake, a very rare occurrence. :-)
...lew...

Wes[_2_] March 9th 10 12:45 AM

Lewis Hartswick wrote:

Gunner Asch wrote:
http://www.metalworking.com/RCM-gall...Bastow,Robert/

Gunner

I still have the e-mails between us. One where I caught
him with a mistake, a very rare occurrence. :-)
...lew...

I showed up too late to enjoy his company. All indications are that we lost a good man
way too early.

Wes

Al A. March 9th 10 01:13 AM

On 3/8/2010 7:45 PM, Wes wrote:
Lewis wrote:

Gunner Asch wrote:
http://www.metalworking.com/RCM-gall...Bastow,Robert/

Gunner

I still have the e-mails between us. One where I caught
him with a mistake, a very rare occurrence. :-)
...lew...

I showed up too late to enjoy his company. All indications are that we lost a good man
way too early.

Wes

He was quite a character. Lots of know-how and experience to share,
and as opinionated as they come. Always entertaining, though, and
passionate about sharing his knowledge and experience. He was one of the
good guys.

many of his posts are classics and some, like his opinions on the use
of "way oil", still spark debates on various metalworking forums around
the web. There was mention of it just in the past week or two on the HSM
magazine forum.

It was small-cell lung cancer that killed him in the end. Got it into
remission for a short while with chemo, IIRC, but it was back before too
long.

Steve B[_4_] March 9th 10 01:58 AM

"Gunner Asch" wrote in message
http://www.metalworking.com/RCM-gall...Bastow,Robert/

Gunner

"I believe that being despised by the despicable
is as good as being admired by the admirable."

From long experience myself, I can only say, "You betcha."

I remember posts from teenut. Makes me want to go out and do harm to some
of the current crop of idiot posters in this NG.

In honor of teenut, let's at least TRY to emulate him, and ignore the
trolls.

It's what he would have done, would cause him to smile from wherever he's
at, what we SHOULD do, anyway.

RIP, teenut. See you one of these days.

Steve