DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Injection molding (https://www.diybanter.com/metalworking/299346-injection-molding.html)

steamer March 7th 10 05:42 PM

Injection molding

--Well I finally finished the die I've been working on sporadically.
Trouble was I didn't have my injection molding machine dialled in yet but I
reeeally wanted to see if the die produced a decent part. I could have used
casting resin but that stuff's pretty brittle. In a moment of inspiration I
thot why not use hot glue? I did and it works! Crummy photos he
http://www.flickr.com/photos/steambo...7613636548203/
--Will try to do better close-ups with more contrasty background
later today.

--
"Steamboat Ed" Haas : Blue Cross socks us
Hacking the Trailing Edge! : $23,000/yr!! ...

Larry Jaques[_2_] March 7th 10 11:36 PM

Injection molding

On 07 Mar 2010 17:42:06 GMT, the infamous steamer
scrawled the following:

--Well I finally finished the die I've been working on sporadically.
Trouble was I didn't have my injection molding machine dialled in yet but I
reeeally wanted to see if the die produced a decent part. I could have used
casting resin but that stuff's pretty brittle. In a moment of inspiration I
thot why not use hot glue? I did and it works! Crummy photos he
http://www.flickr.com/photos/steambo...7613636548203/
--Will try to do better close-ups with more contrasty background
later today.

It casts false teeth for Munchkins, doesn't it?

--
The blind are not good trailblazers.

-- federal judge Frank Easterbrook

steamer March 8th 10 03:54 AM

Injection molding

Larry Jaques wrote:
It casts false teeth for Munchkins, doesn't it?

--Close; they're Oompaloompas, heh.

steamer March 8th 10 08:21 PM

Injection molding

Larry Jaques wrote:
Had to googlem. Now why would you know about Chocolate Factory stuff?
Dare I ask, Ed? ;)

--Grandkids! :-)

Larry Jaques[_2_] March 9th 10 02:01 AM

ROBOPLOW (was Injection molding)

On 08 Mar 2010 20:21:27 GMT, the infamous steamer
scrawled the following:

Larry Jaques wrote:
Had to googlem. Now why would you know about Chocolate Factory stuff?
Dare I ask, Ed? ;)

--Grandkids! :-)

OK. Good save. g

YOU might be interested in this little jobber, although you don't et
snow in NorCal. Cool, isn't it? My buddy in D.C. just sent this:

ROBOPLOW
Ah, too late for the blizzards...

http://www.youtube.com/watch_popup?v=tPg1ZMiC9pA

We don't get much snow up here, and I still want one.

--
Stay centered by accepting whatever you are doing. This is the ultimate.
-- Chuang-tzu

Gunner Asch[_6_] March 9th 10 03:11 AM

ROBOPLOW (was Injection molding)

Larry Jaques wrote:
Had to googlem. Now why would you know about Chocolate Factory stuff?
Dare I ask, Ed? ;)

--Grandkids! :-)

OK. Good save. g

YOU might be interested in this little jobber, although you don't et
snow in NorCal. Cool, isn't it? My buddy in D.C. just sent this:

ROBOPLOW
Ah, too late for the blizzards...

http://www.youtube.com/watch_popup?v=tPg1ZMiC9pA

We don't get much snow up here, and I still want one.

That would be way way cool when hooked (brain) to a hay bailer and field
plow as well.

Gunner

"I believe that being despised by the despicable
is as good as being admired by the admirable."

From long experience myself, I can only say, "You betcha."

steamer March 9th 10 06:07 PM

Larry Jaques wrote:
ROBOPLOW
Ah, too late for the blizzards...
http://www.youtube.com/watch_popup?v=tPg1ZMiC9pA
We don't get much snow up here, and I still want one.

--Aha! Battlebots get practical; me like!

steamer March 10th 10 07:32 PM

Injection molding

--Latest photos he
http://www.flickr.com/photos/steambo...7613636548203/
--See bottom 3 photos. Succeeded yesterday for first time making
parts out of plastic rather than hot glue. Have a problem with flash but I
think I can fix that today. The awful coloring is due to switch from
Nylatron to Nylon 6; not sure how many parts I'll have to run B4 they come
out lookin' good.

Larry Jaques[_2_] March 10th 10 09:35 PM

ROBOPLOW (was Injection molding)

On 09 Mar 2010 18:07:01 GMT, the infamous steamer
scrawled the following:

Larry Jaques wrote:
ROBOPLOW
Ah, too late for the blizzards...
http://www.youtube.com/watch_popup?v=tPg1ZMiC9pA
We don't get much snow up here, and I still want one.

--Aha! Battlebots get practical; me like!

I knew you'd see that subject line and grab it up, Ed. ;)

Now to figure out how to get one to suck up the Autumn leaves and have
it dump 'em in my truck...

--
There is no such thing as limits to growth, because there are no limits
to the human capacity for intelligence, imagination, and wonder.