DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Hobart Gasoline Welder (https://www.diybanter.com/metalworking/299321-re-hobart-gasoline-welder.html)

Larry Jaques[_2_] March 7th 10 01:17 AM

Hobart Gasoline Welder

On Sat, 06 Mar 2010 10:28:27 -0800, the infamous Gunner Asch
scrawled the following:

On Sat, 6 Mar 2010 11:23:06 -0500, "Buerste"
wrote:

"Gunner Asch" wrote in message
. ..
Anyone know anything about this beasty?

http://picasaweb.google.com/gunneras...asolineWelder#

I brought it home last night. Previous owner claimed it ran the last
time they welded with it..about 12 yrs ago. Look at the wheels....blink
blink..Ive never seen a wheel with no hole in the middle before. I drug
it from Bakersfield..about 45 miles at 55-60 mph and the bearings didnt
get warm..and I know it had sat parked for at least 8 yrs since they
pulled it down from the ranch.

Owner claimed it had come off a Liberty Ship vintage WW2...shrug

Anyone have any ideas?

Gunner

Whenever a Liberal utters the term "Common Sense approach"....grab your
wallet, your ass, and your guns because the sombitch is about to do
something damned nasty to all three of them.

With a bit of luck the engine is free. I remember your stuck piston
adventure.

Cringe...yeah..that has concerned me. What would you guys do prior to
trying to start up an engine thats sat for 12 or more years?

Fresh gas in the tank and carb, Marvel Mystery oil down the bore, pop
the distributor and use a drill to build up the oil pressure, and hand
rotate it through at least a couple revs before using the starter, to
make sure you don't already have broken parts in there ready to do
damage when it's cranked.

--
The blind are not good trailblazers.

-- federal judge Frank Easterbrook