DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Need D1-4 Chuck, 4-Jaw (https://www.diybanter.com/metalworking/298938-need-d1-4-chuck-4-jaw.html)

RogerN March 1st 10 12:33 AM

Need D1-4 Chuck, 4-Jaw

My cheapie Enco chuck had the teeth on one of the jaws break off and now
it's pretty much useless unless I can get a replacement jaw.

Any recommendations for a 4-Jaw chuck for a 13" South Bend lathe with D1-4
Spindle? Bison? Ebay? Iggy's tool emporium?

RogerN

Ignoramus26630 March 1st 10 02:26 AM

Need D1-4 Chuck, 4-Jaw

On 2010-03-01, RogerN wrote:
My cheapie Enco chuck had the teeth on one of the jaws break off and now
it's pretty much useless unless I can get a replacement jaw.

Any recommendations for a 4-Jaw chuck for a 13" South Bend lathe with D1-4
Spindle? Bison? Ebay? Iggy's tool emporium?

http://www.shars.com/product_categor...h/?search=d1-4

Machine this and buy a plain chuck to go on it.

RogerN March 1st 10 02:47 AM

Need D1-4 Chuck, 4-Jaw

On 2010-03-01, RogerN wrote:
My cheapie Enco chuck had the teeth on one of the jaws break off and now
it's pretty much useless unless I can get a replacement jaw.

Any recommendations for a 4-Jaw chuck for a 13" South Bend lathe with
D1-4
Spindle? Bison? Ebay? Iggy's tool emporium?

http://www.shars.com/product_categor...h/?search=d1-4

Machine this and buy a plain chuck to go on it.

I thought maybe you would program a lathe chuck in that CNC mill and produce
one for me with that tool steel you have laying around! :-)

RogerN

Denis G. March 1st 10 03:44 AM

Need D1-4 Chuck, 4-Jaw

On Feb 28, 6:33*pm, "RogerN" wrote:
My cheapie Enco chuck had the teeth on one of the jaws break off and now
it's pretty much useless unless I can get a replacement jaw.

Any recommendations for a 4-Jaw chuck for a 13" South Bend lathe with D1-4
Spindle? *Bison? *Ebay? Iggy's tool emporium?

RogerN

http://www.tools4cheap.net/proddetail.php?prod=4jawd4
He also has an eBay store.

Wes[_2_] March 3rd 10 12:08 AM

Need D1-4 Chuck, 4-Jaw

"RogerN" wrote:

My cheapie Enco chuck had the teeth on one of the jaws break off and now
it's pretty much useless unless I can get a replacement jaw.

That stinks.

Any recommendations for a 4-Jaw chuck for a 13" South Bend lathe with D1-4
Spindle? Bison? Ebay? Iggy's tool emporium?

Iggy for sure if he has a deal at the moment.

Gotta picture of the damage? I"m having a hard time trying to understand how you loose
the teeth on a 4 jaw.

Wes

RogerN March 3rd 10 02:09 AM

Need D1-4 Chuck, 4-Jaw

"Wes" wrote in message
"RogerN" wrote:

My cheapie Enco chuck had the teeth on one of the jaws break off and now
it's pretty much useless unless I can get a replacement jaw.

That stinks.

Any recommendations for a 4-Jaw chuck for a 13" South Bend lathe with D1-4
Spindle? Bison? Ebay? Iggy's tool emporium?

Iggy for sure if he has a deal at the moment.

Gotta picture of the damage? I"m having a hard time trying to understand
how you loose
the teeth on a 4 jaw.

Wes

The teeth on this cheapie chuck looks like they were cut straight through
with a slitting saw at the helix angle or there about. So the teeth on the
jaws, looking from the side, are like this:
| |
|_|

Instead of like this:

|_|

I've felt some of these teeth break before, they may tighten down good
enough for a wood lathe but not for a metal lathe.

RogerN

RogerN March 3rd 10 02:29 AM

Need D1-4 Chuck, 4-Jaw

Thanks for the info all.

I think I'm going to buy a couple of back plates per Iggy's suggestions and
tool the lathe up with a good 4 jaw and a 3 jaw, maybe a 6 jaw if I find a
bargain.

RogerN

Scott S. Logan[_2_] March 4th 10 01:39 PM

Need D1-4 Chuck, 4-Jaw

On Sun, 28 Feb 2010 18:33:40 -0600, "RogerN"
wrote:

Any recommendations for a 4-Jaw chuck for a 13" South Bend lathe with D1-4
Spindle? Bison? Ebay? Iggy's tool emporium?

Here is the link to the Bison site showing these chucks.

Direct Mount, Type D1, Semi-Steel Body - Toolmex Corporation
http://bit.ly/atUxaj

List price for an 8" is $622.50; 10" is $787.00.

We can offer these at 10% off the list price.

Contact me at the numbers/email below if you have questions.

--
Scott S. Logan, Vice President Tel +1 (815) 943-9500
Logan Actuator Co. Fax +1 (815) 943-6755