Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default OT Gunsmoke for charity

The CEO of a research lab here in town gets involved in charitable
fundraising in her very-upscale community each year. Her contribution
is to auction a visit to an indoor range with two "gunslingers",
experienced shooters who work there. The winners of these auctions
for charity pay hundreds of bux for the experience. Bonnie covers
ammo,range fees and lunch, "gunslingers" provide guns, safety
instruction and close supervision, and such coaching as is welcomed.
The two "gunslingers" are my former colleagues with whom we have our
periodic gunsmoke luncheon socials. This year they have three
novices for the shoot: a couple who won the auction and the CEO who
also likes to attend and shoot. She's shot before but she's still a
newby. So I'm invited to join them tomorrow. That'll work out
nicely, three experienced shooters and three novices, one on one on
each of three lanes. I also contribute to the diversity of handguns
available to try, of course.

I'm looking forward to it. I was feelin' a hankering for gunsmoke
before the email arrived this afternoon. I do like to shoot, also
like to instruct and I purely love seeing the thrill and joy when a
new shooter hits the bullseye.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Don Foreman wrote:
[...]

You have fun, Don!
Wish I could join ya...

--

Richard Lamb

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Wed, 24 Feb 2010 02:25:51 -0600, cavelamb
wrote:

Don Foreman wrote:
[...]

You would certainly be welcome any time.